Elijah Wood: Any good ones?

Tools    

What were your favorite Elijah Wood movies?
27.27%
3 votes
Deep Impact
63.64%
7 votes
The Ice Storm
27.27%
3 votes
The War
9.09%
1 votes
The Good Son
27.27%
3 votes
Huck Finn
18.18%
2 votes
Radio Flyer
36.36%
4 votes
Forever Young
36.36%
4 votes
Avalon
18.18%
2 votes
The Faculty
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Now With Moveable Parts
I thought with LOTR coming out...we should refresh our memories...and see what it is we like about Wood. I voted for The War and The Ice Storm. He has a couple new movies coming out after LOTR. Chain of Fools, Black and White,and The Bumblebee Flies Home, which went straight to video. Seems to me, LOTR is going to be Wood's Breakthrough performance, seeing as how he hasn't had a solid hit yet. What do you all think?

Barry Levinson's Avalon is definitely the best of his earliest work as an actor ("I hate the suburbs"), and the circa-'70s self-destructive pr!ck he played in Ang Lee's The Ice Strom is the best of his latter stuff to date.

He also did a great guest shot on an episode of the TV show "Homicide: Life on the Street" (#64, "The True Test", season five - original airdate 11-22-96) as a remorseless Machiavellian murderer of a classmate at a private school.

I think Elijah Wood'll make a fine Frodo of the Nine Fingers.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Do you agree, Holden, that he hasn't crossed that line into " major star" yet? I mean...all the movies he's been in, he's shared the screen with way bigger stars than him...ya know? Even his so called " good" movies, were that way...

I don't know that Elijah Wood will ever be an above-the-line headlining talent in Hollywood. But, if as he ages he keeps getting attached to good material like The Ice Strom and The Lord of the Rings, that's the best he can hope for - no matter what the billing or his public awareness level (though it's going to skyrocket as Frodo).

On the other hand, if he's doing a movie like Flipper when he's thirty-four, that'll be the quick end of him.

Now With Moveable Parts
When I was on his web page...I couldn't believe all the work he's done!
Flipper was one that I just couldn't bear to have on MY resume.

You're right though, he's got potential and I think he's well on his way to showing that to the masses.

I voted for "Deep Impact" and "Forever Young." I'm immensely impressed with Wood...though I don't know if I could tell you why. I don't share Ebert's sentiment on "North," BTW. It wasn't what I would call a good movie, but it's quality was no fault of Wood...he played his part quite well, I thought. In short: I think he's going places. The part of Frodo is his biggest, and probably best, role. Hopefully it'll serve as his launching pad.

Now With Moveable Parts
Well...we can add LOTR:FOTR to his list now. I think he was pretty darn great. Very good work.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I voted for Deep Impact and Forever Young. Those are the two Wood movies I've seen that we're on the list. I have to agree with TWT though, North wasn't that great of a movie, pointless really. He has two bad apples to his orchard, not too shabby though.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

gone
What about the faculty...I thoroughly enjoyed that...

It wsa also the first time I really noticed him...I think...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Added it in, sorry to those that have already voted.

He was kinda nerdy in that one, but I guess he was supposed to be anyways.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by goodf3lla
What about the faculty...I thoroughly enjoyed that...

It wsa also the first time I really noticed him...I think...
I liked the Faculty, a lot. I thought it was a good horror movie...as far as horror movies go. Elijah was pretty good at the nerdy-hero-type.