A Life

Tools    

I'd like to warn people of the dangers of dealing with
celebrities who claim to have knowledge of alternative medical techniques and who further claim to be able and willing to help the public.
I have a cherished cousin, Annette, who suffers from many health problems-which may soon take her
life. In desperation, we reached out to such a celebrity-Steven Seagal- via the web & in person.
We realize now that we wasted too much time waiting for even the merest acknowledgement of our plea for help--an acknowledgement that never came,only false promises.
It is too late for Annette, but it is not too late for your readers. Don't trust these people; don't trust these web sites.

Hmmm, odd thread. I don't know what to make of it, to be honest with you. I've never known anyone who, in times of medical troubles, turns to celebrities for help. I wouldn't be opposed to trying a diet they recommend, however...but I wouldn't do much of anything serious unless I had little choice.

I don't see why you would turn to Steven Seagal in the first place. Do you know him? Is the death going to effect him? It has nothing to do with him. That's like asking a person in the street for a million dollars. They're not going to give it to you. It's a stupid querie.

Peope, we watch films and television with big stars, and feel in a way to get to know them -- you don't know them. They aren't a part of your lives. They aren't friends, or family -- they are actors and performers. Don't get attached to the point that they think the same of you.

I garuntee -- they've never even heard of your name.

A lot of people don't realize how much work that Steven Seagal does regarding his religion & alternative medicines. The media doesn't pick up much on it, but I have been on the internet for some time now & I built multiple web pages in support of the man & am the founder of more than one fan club for him,so when my cousins health got to the point that we couldn't find anyone to help her-we decided to approach Steven Seagal in a last bit of hope. Her family spent money & time they didn't really have,to take her out to his home,but he was too busy to speak with her. Then upon their return home-on June 3,2001 he phoned her & told her twice to write down the medical list of problems she has & he would take a look & get back with her. Months went by & no one in his staff would even acknowledge that they had received this medical list. When I took this story to his web site-I was banned from his web site-this shows what his intentions are.Guess if he isn't going to get media coverage, a human life isn't worth the bother.

Why tell us this? We can't do anything, and secondly, we weren't and thinking of and wouldn't approach a star for money.

Why don't you tell the media or something if it's true and you want to warn others?

I don't think he let anyone die out of spite. I think if you went up to him now and gave him a chance to save someone's life, he'd try to do it...but how does he know who the crazies are, and who the genuinely needy people are? He doesn't. The doctors do, though...which is why basically everyone goes to them instead of Steven Seagal.

It starts with her being under the state funded health insurance that thinks they can do as they please & allow their Drs to pick & choose their patients. Annette has so many things wrong with her that the Drs are afraid to try to treat her incase something happens & they might get sued. So all we know are her symptoms-which is what Steven Seagal asked her to send him,but never would anyone acknowledge that they even received them.
But Annette many times verbally & in writing told people that she would sign a release not holding Steven Seagal or anyone responsible for trying to treat her or for atleast suggesting someone that could try to help her...instead we hear nothing.

And when a loved one is ill you do what you can to help!

Mate, we're not disputing that you weren't trying to help, but turning a celebrity....there's so many other avenues. So many more. It seems, almost, like the silliest, nuttiest avenue you could hope to take.

And then you come here and warn us from something none of were ever planning to do just because it IS the silliest, nuttiest avenue you could take.

Just because someone says they know a bit about medicine does not mean they want people coming and asking them for help. I know about about chess. I'm not an expert. Go see a chess expert.

It just seems that it's a ridiculous path to have taken, and there are plenty of other people who would listen and believe everything and take account of it, but Movie Forums is not the place. It's not that we don't care about your family's problems, but we don't want to hear about how "bad" Seagal is when you had plenty of other avenues. Steven Seagal was never a garuntee, mate. You gotta realise THAT.