Movies you wish you could see in the theater?

Tools    

I can't think of anything that I've only seen on the small screen that I'd be willing to pay to see in the theater, but I would love to see Gladiator on the big screen again. Five times wasn't enough.
funny enough my theater had hedwig but the screening already passed. I myself haven't seen the movie yet but look forward too it.

I'd seen "The Exorcist" any number of times on TV/home video, but when I happened to finally catch it in a theater (original cut), I staggered out of the place feeling like I'd been clubbed with a 2x4. Awesome!

Unfortunately, I saw "Night of the Living Dead" several years ago in a local artsy-fartsy theater, and a lot of the idiot audience spent most of the movie actually LAUGHING. (On the other hand, I learned that that "Scanners" exploding-head thing doesn't work.)

I'd actually like to go back in time to see "Halloween" on a big screen, with a first-run audience that doesn't know what's coming. Same for "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" -- sad to say, I was born too late to experience the whole sleazy exploitation drive-in/grindhouse scene.

I was lucky enough to see "Star Wars", Dances With Wolves", "Apollo 13", and more movies than I can remember on the big screen. Special note on "Gravity": Sandra Bullock, in her underwear, on a big screen, in 3-D, has still got it! (But then, I've had it bad for her since "Speed".)

I would of loved to be one of the first people to see Clerks and The Room.

I definitely wish to be at a The Room screening one day and throw plastic spoons and throw footballs around and met Tommy Wiseau.

funny enough my theater had hedwig but the screening already passed. I myself haven't seen the movie yet
Now you've gone and done it. You shoulda just revealed all of your personal information to identity fraud thieves -- it would have been a lot less stressful. NEVER tell Miss Vicky you haven't seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Star Wars would have been a blast in theaters.
It was, this was back in a simpler time and I lost count of how many times my mom would let me go sit in the theater while she shopped and I'd watch Star Wars. I'd lay odds I saw it at least 15-20 times in the theater back in 77...

and every time the audience went nuts

Now you've gone and done it. You shoulda just revealed all of your personal information to identity fraud thieves -- it would have been a lot less stressful. NEVER tell Miss Vicky you haven't seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

I would of loved to be one of the first people to see Clerks and The Room.

I definitely wish to be at a The Room screening one day and throw plastic spoons and throw footballs around and met Tommy Wiseau.
clerks would be super awesome

I don't actually wear pants.
I came days away from seeing The Good, the Bad, the Weird at the theatre because I got incredibly sick two days before they showed it, and I still couldn't go out, as there did not exist a need because I'd be in the toilet every thirty minutes.

Playtime would be a dream come true on the big screen, that's one of my moviegoing goals. But really, anything from my top 10 list that I haven't already had the opportunity to see on the big screen, 2001 would be really cool. Jaws, E.T., The Tree of Life, Roger Rabbit, Alien, anything Chaplin, I feel like those would all make great big screen experiences, I could go on.

Abe Gance's Napoleon (1927).

It has to be an amazing experience to see this movie theatrically.

Hell, at this point I'd settle for a Region 1 DVD release.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
1. The Sting, for the twist.
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, for the tension.
3. Hero , just for the visuals.

The most loathsome of all goblins
I would love to see The Big Trail in a movie theater. It's one of the earliest widescreen movies and John Wayne's first leading role. Also Raoul Walsh is one of my favorite directors.

An authentic recreation of this:
The Lumières gave their first paid public screening on 26 December 1895, at Salon Indien du Grand Café in Paris.[10] This history-making presentation featured 10 short films, including their first film, Sortie des Usines Lumière à Lyon (Workers Leaving the Lumière Factory).[11]

Lumières La Sortie de l'Usine Lumière à Lyon 1895
Each film is 17 meters long, which, when hand cranked through a projector, runs approximately 50 seconds.

Boldly going.
I was thinking about that the other day. There's not a whole lot I'd pay to see on the big screen. I suppose a movie that has big landscapes, like Raiders of the lost ark and Lord of the Rings. Also, I never got to see Ferris Bueller's Day Off in the theatre.

I suppose a movie that has big landscapes, like Raiders of the lost ark and Lord of the Rings.
"Dances With Wolves" practically requires a big screen, for exactly that reason.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
2001 [sometimes there are re.runs, but I never catch them]
Shining
Hardcore Henry - missed that one. Nothing fancy, but should be great on a large theater screen

I would of loved to see this in a theater near me, if it wasn't just for select theaters only