250 Of Camo's Favourites

→ in
Tools    

226.The Bad News Bears (Michael Ritchie, 1976)

227.What About Bob? (Frank Oz, 1991)

228.Ratcatcher (Lynne Ramsay, 1999)

229.Trick 'r Treat (Michael Dougherty, 2007)

230.Apocalypse Now (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)

I like Apocalypse Now well enough, but I haven't seen it in a super long time.
Apocalypse Now is fascinating to me. It's a war film and its most famous sequence (which i used my pic from) is the explosive "Ride of the Valkryies Scene" yet it's really calm and slow and meditative throughout. I've watched it three times and without a doubt it's the 2 and a half hour+ film that flies in the quickest for me. Every time i brace myself thinking this is going to take alot and then it ends and i wonder why i'm ever concerned about its length. Great film

What About Bob? is fun. Haven't seen the others. Glad to see you posting in this thread again.
Damn, thought you would have despised What About Bob?. It's my favourite comedic Murray performance and i think it is an amazing film outside of how funny it is personally. It is all due to Murray but what it is basically is an objectively annoying yet likable person going up against a dick and said dick getting pushed over the edge. His being annoyed and frustrated to the point of madness is an exaggeration but no one can deny Murray's character is frustrating and him befriending his family on vacation is wrong on so many levels yet it keeps him as the villain; reasonable, only sane character-villain. It's so amazing because the film knows what it is doing and it has fun with it like in the wedding scene at the end.

Apocalypse Now is fascinating to me. It's a war film and its most famous sequence (which i used my pic from) is the explosive "Ride of the Valkryies Scene" yet it's really calm and slow and meditative throughout. I've watched it three times and without a doubt it's the 2 and a half hour+ film that flies in the quickest for me. Every time i brace myself thinking this is going to take alot and then it ends and i wonder why i'm ever concerned about its length. Great film
what version do you prefer the most? Original theatrical release or redux?

what version do you prefer the most? Original theatrical release or redux?
Glad you posted in my thread Nesto, i don't care about rep but if there's only one post you ever rep could it be the first one in this thread please. I have like 40 posts on the verge of 30 rep and i want to pass that threshold then Yoda can turn my rep off haha.

Theatrical. Only watched Redux once though. Which do you prefer?

Damn, thought you would have despised What About Bob?.
I haven't watched it in many years, so it's possible that I might not like it anymore but I've seen it many times and have it on DVD. It's certainly never been a favorite but I found it entertaining.

Glad you posted in my thread Nesto, i don't care about rep but if there's only one post you ever rep could it be the first one in this thread please. I have like 40 posts on the verge of 30 rep and i want to pass that threshold then Yoda can turn my rep off haha.

Theatrical. Only watched Redux once though. Which do you prefer?
done!

I like redux simply because it is not reducing theatrical version only adding to it. unlike Donnie Darko's directors cut that really p***** me off.

done!

I like redux simply because it is not reducing theatrical version only adding to it. unlike Donnie Darko's directors cut that really p***** me off.
The directors cut and his later work confirmed that Richard Kelly fluked onto a decent film.

I'll watch Redux again, i don't have a strong opinion either way; both are great.

I like Ratcatcher and Bad News Bears, and like most people I love A Now!

I did not care much for Trick r Treat, unusual for me for a horror film.

Haven't seen Bob.

I like Ratcatcher and Bad News Bears, and like most people I love A Now!

I did not care much for Trick r Treat, unusual for me for a horror film.

Haven't seen Bob.
You didn't really like Ratcatcher. Yeah... fair enough i think people mostly lie when they say they like anything Glasgow-related. lol.

No I liked it, think I gave it
and there's movies I like I give

Not as much as I hoped given my experiences with other films like it though.

226.The Bad News Bears (Michael Ritchie, 1976)

227.What About Bob? (Frank Oz, 1991)

228.Ratcatcher (Lynne Ramsay, 1999)

229.Trick 'r Treat (Michael Dougherty, 2007)

230.Apocalypse Now (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)

Next!!!!

Thanks for the 29th rep of my first post . It's so annoying that i've never had one with 30 but loads that are close. Also thanks @77topaz, you should post more.

Yeah, i'll finish this the list is on a different laptop that is at my parents house so it probably won't be til through the week.

Thanks for the 29th rep of my first post . It's so annoying that i've never had one with 30 but loads that are close. Also thanks @77topaz, you should post more.

Yeah, i'll finish this the list is on a different laptop that is at my parents house so it probably won't be til through the week.
You're welcome! I've been compiling a top films list of my own, but there's a number of films on my watchlist I want to watch before I finish that list, so it may be a couple of months before it's ready.