New Individual Movie Pages

Tools    

Hey, this thread is strictly for showering me with praise and/or asking about features I've already discussed.
Props deserved the individual movie pages are a great new addition!

Question, I just noticed a movie I reviewed some time ago, Dial M for Murder (1954) doesn't have my popcorn rating filled out on the individual movie page. Not a big deal as I can do it manually. But how common is it for the algorithms to miss picking up a reviewer's rating from an approved review?

@Yoda.

Will there eventually be a feature to upvote a review from the page, instead of clicking on the person's profile and sfiting through to find the review? I think I've already mentioned this so my apologies if I have. Don;t wanna be a PITA.

@Yoda.

Will there eventually be a feature to upvote a review from the page, instead of clicking on the person's profile and sfiting through to find the review? I think I've already mentioned this so my apologies if I have. Don;t wanna be a PITA.
I've wondered this too. There's a link inside the review page to take you to where it was originally posted so you can rep it but that kind of defeats the purpose of having an individual page for it.

I've wondered this too. There's a link inside the review page to take you to where it was originally posted so you can rep it but that kind of defeats the purpose of having an individual page for it.
Ah, OK. I guess if I had actually investigated this, I would've known, ha.

Ah, OK. I guess if I had actually investigated this, I would've known, ha.
No, i'm agreeing with you. Glad you brought it up coz i forgot to.

To get to where it was originally posted on the review post it will say "by whatever member" below that there'll be a clickable link saying posted on whichever date; click on that and it'll take you to the original post.

That is really tucked away though, if someone got alot from the review and wanted to rep it that isn't that easy to figure out and if they are new they may not know how to find it easily.

You did indeed ask a handful of pages ago, and I confirmed that it's been on the list, but that I'd bump it higher up. Now that the ratings are up and running, pretty good chance I'll be able to get to it soonish. Don't mind the reminder, either.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
and I confirmed that it's been on the list, but that I'd bump it higher up.
Can I see this list????

Suspect's Reviews

It's not as exciting as it probably sounds.

I did post part of the giant to-do list for the relaunch a few years ago, though. And I was thinking of whether or not to start a poll asking people which big feature should get added next. Though I think that choice is straightforward enough that I'll probably just choose myself.

Okay: you can now rep reviews right on the review itself.

Per usual, this is just on desktop for now. Unlike ratings, though, it may or may not end up on mobile, since it's not basic functionality, and I want to keep the mobile site as clean as possible.

I just tried and I gave myself a rep from the movie review page for a couple movies that I had reviewed. Of course I'm not interested in repping myself, I was just seeing if it was possible and it was.

If you refresh the page, you should find that it didn't actually "take." That said, thanks for reminding me to hide the thumb altogether for the author! Should be fixed now.

That worked, no I can't rep my own reviews anymore! (which is good)
Testing quick reply via talk bubble. It activates the reply box but does not automtically navigate me to bottom of page on iphone SE using Safari browser.

That worked, no I can't rep my own reviews anymore! (which is good)
Testing quick reply via talk bubble. It activates the reply box but does not automtically navigate me to bottom of page on iphone SE using Safari browser.
Instead, when I click talk bubble nothing happens. However, after clicking bubble- if I scroll to bottom page, it does have the quoted qwik reply box already allocated for me.

Huh, that's surprising. Wonder if I broke something with these changes. Will look into it.

Sweet. Not sure if this has been asked, but how are review excerpts determined? I notice a few lines are taken from reviews and appear on the movie page?