Swan's Music Log

Tools    

Like my Film Log, this will be where I do little write-up's of the albums, etc. I listen to.

World Eater -
+
(Blanck Mass, 2017)

[NEW LISTEN]

Genre(s): Electro-Industrial, Post-Industrial, IDM, Power Noise, UK Bass

I am pretty unfamiliar with Blanck Mass and his catalogue of work. I've perused his stuff with F*ck Buttons a bit, and I own his album Dumb Flesh digitally, but I still have yet to delve into it. Part of that, I think, is the first few songs on that one didn't grab me, even if I could appreciate them technically. World Eater is a bit different, but I was immediately taken from the get-go with the evil-circus-music sounding song, appropriately titled "John Doe's Carnival of Error".

There are a few tracks on here so transcendent and powerful they make me want to give this album full stars. I can't though, at least not after my initial listen of the album, because while it starts on a very high note it does start to lag slightly midway through. Fortunately it comes back with a bang - the best song is the final track "Hive Mind," which is easily one of my fave songs of the year so far.

Overall, it's a great album, with some phenomenally stunning moments.

Favorite track(s): "Rhesus Negative", "Hive Mind"

oh crap! sorry! stupid question! it says Swans music. sorry
Haha no worries. I can see where the confusion comes from.

My top three of last year are probably Bonito Generation by Kero Kero Bonito, Atrocity Exhibition by Danny Brown, and Bottomless Pit by Death Grips. Not sure you'd be into those. I can't remember what your taste is like too well. I'd be curious what you think of A Crow Looked at Me by Mount Eerie, which is singer/songwriter stuff. It's supposed to be great and is on my radar, and for some reason I want you to listen to it and tell me what you think. It's 2017 though.

My top three of last year are probably Bonito Generation by Kero Kero Bonito, Atrocity Exhibition by Danny Brown, and Bottomless Pit by Death Grips. Not sure you'd be into those. I can't remember what your taste is like too well. I'd be curious what you think of A Crow Looked at Me by Mount Eerie, which is singer/songwriter stuff. It's supposed to be great and is on my radar, and for some reason I want you to listen to it and tell me what you think. It's 2017 though.
I actually read about the Mount Eerie on another forum the other day. The jist of what was said about it was that it was really good it is about Phils wife dying of cancer and it's supposed to be really honest and focused. I was already planning on checking that out, will do soon. Might listen to Bottomless Pit too, never listened to a Death Grips Album. Would you say that would be an ok starting point or should i start with something earlier from them?

That A Tribe Called Quest Album is great. I'm listening to it for the second time right now would up it to

do you guys know Elbow? it is an english rock band and i discovered them on iTunes. I bought the BBC hall concert and IT IS amazing
My mum likes them. I've never actually tried to listen to them myself so i've not got an opinion of them, only heard some of their songs if i was about when my mum was listening to them really.

sorry, i dont know how to answer those widget messages, but meant to ask you where are you buying your vinyls
I got the Mingus album at a record store nearby. I do sometimes buy on Amazon though. I think I got A Love Supreme on Amazon.

I actually read about the Mount Eerie on another forum the other day. The jist of what was said about it was that it was really good it is about Phils wife dying of cancer and it's supposed to be really honest and focused. I was already planning on checking that out, will do soon. Might listen to Bottomless Pit too, never listened to a Death Grips Album. Would you say that would be an ok starting point or should i start with something earlier from them?

That A Tribe Called Quest Album is great. I'm listening to it for the second time right now would up it to
RE: Death Grips. I'd say start with The Money Store, or maybe even Exmilitary.

I still need to listen to the Tribe Called Quest album all the way through. I think I've only listened to the lead single, which was great.

do you guys know Elbow? it is an english rock band and i discovered them on iTunes. I bought the BBC hall concert and IT IS amazing
I haven't heard of them! I'll have to check 'em out.

I still need to listen to the Tribe Called Quest album all the way through. I think I've only listened to the lead single, which was great.
Will do, probably this weekend.

You should love the A Tribe Called Quest then, the lead single is probably in the bottom half for me even though i really liked it too,

I got the Mingus album at a record store nearby. I do sometimes buy on Amazon though. I think I got A Love Supreme on Amazon.

i love A love supreme. Thats a top of my albums and this is the only album my dog is howling to

My mum likes them. I've never actually tried to listen to them myself so i've not got an opinion of them, only heard some of their songs if i was about when my mum was listening to them really.
you could give it a shot, i think it's a decent rock band. I like the BBC concert version the most