Sherlock (The BBC Series)

Tools    

Ive watched all the way through Season 3, and havent started Season 4 yet. I also found Mary unnecessary in S3. Are you guys really saying Season 4 isnt worth the time?

Glad to hear we are not the only ones who thought the series disappeared up it's own arse in Season 4.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I quite enjoyed the first two episodes of Season 4, although they weren't on a par with the dizzy heights of season 2. Also Mary annoyed me.

WARNING: "Sherlock" spoilers below
Why can people not stay dead when they die in this show?

But the final episode was utter tosh. It was silly in the way The Abominable Bride was silly - too much "bam!plot twist!!!" - but it lacked any of the fun which would make that tolerable. I hated it.

Huge fan of the series, but must admit, had a few WTF moments in the latest series. I haven't tried out the spoiler tag thingie yet so I'm hesitant to say why, but I think you can all guess!

I quite enjoyed the first two episodes of Season 4, although they weren't on a par with the dizzy heights of season 2. Also Mary annoyed me.

WARNING: "Sherlock" spoilers below
Why can people not stay dead when they die in this show?

TOTALLY AGREE! It's the Episode That Needed To Stay Dead!

But the final episode was utter tosh. It was silly in the way The Abominable Bride was silly - too much "bam!plot twist!!!" - but it lacked any of the fun which would make that tolerable. I hated it.
I'm not so much against people staying dead, esp. on this show. I'd have liked a return of Moriarty, even in "evil spirit" form, vs. "Evil Mary" or "(supposedly) good Mary". BTW, SO glad to hear that Mary annoys someone beside me, who thinks she is not only evil but a liar and backstabbing creep!

But I must (O-T) call foul on the return of the scumwad, Warren, in Buffy, as an agent of "The First" ! UGH.

How 'bout we resurrect everyone who got killed in Breaking Bad, eh?

A system of cells interlinked
Started this last night after the wife and I had finished Mindhunter on Netflix. Sherlock seems to be a pretty decent show. I did find some of the changes to A Study in Scarlet to be a bit perplexing, though. I guess the show is just sort of loosely based on the original stories?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Season 1 and 2 are some of the best tv I've ever seen. The middle episode of each season isn't very memorable though.

The quality of Sherlock drops off a cliff in S3 and 4 though, worse even than TWD so I wouldnt bother after 2.

Humongous fan. I was apprehensive too, about a modern day adaptation of a classic. But it was done really well. The weaving of the stories from one episode to episode are awesome!