Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Lost in Space (1998)
-

I forgot, that not even Oldman could make this movie bearable. Hurt is used to being in crappy films, 50/50. LeBlanc should be unemployed as an actor. The kids were ok. CGI was bad, but, probably great for its time. One star for Graham, one star for Oldman and the rest sucked. What a stupid and confusing storyline. They really went out of their way to ruin this film. I think this was one of the free movies I got with the purchase of my Sony DVD player in the late 90s. Awful freebie!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Nurse 3-D (2013)

The lead is a brunette butterface who can't really act, but is super hot in a Melanie Griffith just got mauled by a lion sort of way.
I gotta give you rep JUST for that line alone LOL

Foreign Correspondent (1940)

A very good movie. Fairly exciting. Quite a few interesting twists. I bet it was considered awesome, or should I say grand, back in the 1940s. Try not to lose your hat on this adventure.

The Shallows (2016)

+

Blake Lively goes surfing at a beach in Mexico, and tries to survive stuck out in the water after being attacked by a shark. My wife and I both thought this was terrible, although I didn't think it was terrible to watch. It's a short movie, and we both enjoyed making fun of it throughout it's duration. The beach and water are beautiful, and watching a killer shark stalk it's prey is always fun. The director also made the equally bad Run All Night, so I'd say he probably sucks.

Running on Empty (1988, multiple rewatch)
+

Excellent, every time I watch it. Great acting. Brilliantly assembled cast. Timeless film, in my view.

How the hell did Judd Hirsch end up with a son as good looking as River Phoenix? It was either a casting error, or Christine Lahti's character has some serious "splainin" to do.

Welcome to the human race...
You did just win best reviewer of the year, but sad as it might be, I don't think your long reviews was what gave you the win.
Thank you very little.

Quadrophenia -

I'm too old for this sh*t.

The Shallows (2016)

+

Blake Lively goes surfing at a beach in Mexico, and tries to survive stuck out in the water after being attacked by a shark. My wife and I both thought this was terrible, although I didn't think it was terrible to watch. It's a short movie, and we both enjoyed making fun of it throughout it's duration. The beach and water are beautiful, and watching a killer shark stalk it's prey is always fun. The director also made the equally bad Run All Night, so I'd say he probably sucks.
sorry you didn't like it Crick! I love it personally. One of my fav movie of 2016

Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - Shane Meadows

- This movie was great and amazing. Awesome revenge thriller with one of the best ending I've seen in a long time. Entertaining and badass. A New movie in my Top 100.

The Girl on the Train

Even though nowhere near as good as the film it tries to emulate (Gone Girl) it's still quite passable, almost entirely thanks to Emily Blunt who even with mediocre material and make-up designed to make her look unattractive, is still captivating.

3/5

Dangerous Lisasions (1988)

The Girl on the Train

Even though nowhere near as good as the film it tries to emulate (Gone Girl) it's still quite passable, almost entirely thanks to Emily Blunt who even with mediocre material and make-up designed to make her look unattractive, is still captivating.

3/5
I have only read the book, but I don't see the Gone Girl comparison. Is it because they both have the word girl in the title

Welcome to the human race...
Resident Evil: Apocalypse -
, maybe

For some reason, I feel compelled to run the series in the lead-up to The Final Chapter. I'm willing to admit I like it more a second time around, but it's still not good.

SAUSAGE PARTY
(2016)

I was expecting a raunchier and more explicit adult animated movie, considering the A-list team behind it and the title itself. The film has its funny moments, and its raunchy moments as well, but, overall, its just a decent film that had potential to push the envelope a little more.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

FENCES
(2016)

A character-driven drama directed by Denzel Washington about a man's troubled relationship with his family and his inner demons. The movie centers entirely on dialogue and intense acting scenes, which might be boring for some.
The movie features powerhouse performances by Denzel Washington and Viola Davis. Expect both actors to lead the race to the Oscars in the Best Actor and Supporting Actress categories.