Predict the Top 5 Grossing Films of 2015

Tools    

With the amount of big franchises coming out with sequels this year I'm surprised there isn't a thread to predict what the top 5 grossing films will be for the year. What will be the highest grossing films of 2015 do you think? You can put your predictions as well how much they will be. Currently Furious 7 is in first place with Avengers right behind, but there's many other big franchises coming out including Terminator, Jurassic World, Hunger Games, Star Wars, James Bond: Spectre, Minions, & Mission Impossible so this top 5 will change, but what will be above what?

I am still working on my prediction but feel free to post yours.

Current Top 5 Worldwide grossed films of 2015:

1. Furious 7 - $1,506,346,140
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron - $1,322,833,715
3. Fifty Shades of Grey - $569,651,467
4. Cinderella - $531,750,753
5. Kingsman: the Secret Service - $403,570,563

Fifty Shades of Grey only wishes it'll be staying in the top 5 grossed of the year lol

The bottom three won't be there come the end of the year. Bond, Star Wars and A.N.Other, plus the two that are already there.

Here are my predictions

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (1.7-2.3 billion) - This is coming from someone who isn't even a big Star Wars fan. The last Star Wars sequel was 10 years ago, and Mad Max was gone for 30 years and look what happened it was a success. Even with the stank of the prequels I'm sure Star Wars fans will be going out to see this movie (it's got the feel of the originals so many have high expectations/hype from the trailers already) the hype behind this movie will seriously propel it up and it could even taker out Titanic(very big possibility) and even Avatar. But even if I think it could surpass Avatar and Titanic I also believe there is a chance that the prequel stink could hurt it and stop it from hitting 2 Billion.

2. Avengers: Age of Ultron (1.5-1.7 billion) - Avengers is still in the top five in the box office and I suspect it will be for at least another week or two (Probably until Jurassic World is released or Spy could push it out) I think it will eventually pass Furious Seven back up again as Furious Seven has dropped out of the top 10.

--The three below could go any order--

3. Furious 7 (1.5 billion) - It may be #1 right now but I think that'll be short lived as it has already dropped out of the top 10 at the box office I think it will stop before 1.6 billion. I suspect Star Wars will pass it up and I think Avengers will pass it up as well.

4. Jurassic World (1.1-1.6 billion) - It's been over 10 years fans have been waiting for it. Many don't have faith in the dinosaur sequel but I think it will push into the Billion mark. Parents will be taking their kids to see it and I'll be seeing it at least 5 times in the theater (10 if it's good ) and if word of mouth is good even more people will go to see it. Tbh this is just the JP fanboy in me hoping it succeeds, but I do think it will make money.

5. Spectre (1.0 million-1.5 billion) - James Bond is the biggest franchise out there (# of films wise) I suspect Spectre will make money but I don't know about Star Wars or Avengers type money, It will most likely hit 1 billion like Skyfall did.

--Others that could take out the bottom 2--

Minions - This thing could surprise us and blow up. The Minions are a hot commodity among young viewers so this thing could break out

--Less Likely to--

Terminator: Genisys - I think this will make money, but I don't know. Salvation sucked and the last good Terminator was 2. I don't think many people will be flocking out to the theaters to see this one either. Unless it gets good word of mouth but even then that's stretching it. I love Emilia Clarke but I just don't like her for the role of Sarah Connor and idk I can't safely assume whether this one will make money or not.

Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 - I love Jennifer Lawrence, but I don't like the Hunger Games series at all, but it is very popular. Still Mockingjay Part 1 made less than Catching Fire, so I think the interest in the series is slowly dying down and I don't think it'll hit 1 Billion (even if this is the last one), especially with Star Wars coming out a couple weeks afterwards that will definitely hurt Mockingjay in the long run as Mockingjay will not even be close to making the numbers of Star Wars.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - Mission Impossible, while I did really like the Ghost Protocol I don't think this can compete with the other big players above. I think it could make a decent amount of money but not 1 Billion

I'm not convinced Avengers 2 is going to overtake Furious 7. We'll see.

I say Star Wars, Furious 7, Avengers, Minions and Hunger Games in that order.

1. Star Wars
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron
3. Furious 7
4. Hunger Games
5. Inside Out or Jurassic World

So far this is the top Five worldwide grosses:

1. Furious 7 - $1,510,222,520
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron - $1,351,302,218
3. Fifty Shades of Grey - $569,651,467
4. Cinderella - $532,418,212
5. Kingsman: the Secret Service - $403,700,931

Pretty soon Jurassic World (heading towards an opening weekend gross of $155 million) and The Force Awakens will enter the group.