Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Tools    

Originally it was scheduled for sometime in 2009 but due to the strike it is postponed indefinitely.

Release Date: TBA
Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Company)
Director: Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller
Screenwriter: Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez
Starring: Clive Owen, Rosario Dawson, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Michael Clarke Duncan

Plot Summary: Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez continue to adapt Miller's "Sin City" graphic novels, this time with the second book "A Dame to Kill For."

It's one of those hot nights, dry and windless. The kind that makes people do sweaty, secret things. Dwight's thinking of all the ways he's screwed up and what he'd give for one clear chance to wipe the slate clean, to dig his way out of the numb gray hell that is his life. And he'd give anything. Just to cut loose. Just to feel the fire. One more time. And then Ava calls.

Welcome to the human race...
Originally it was scheduled for sometime in 2009 but due to the strike it is postponed indefinitely.
How does the strike affect an independent filmmaker like Rodriguez?

Unless I'm missing something...

Johnny Depp? If that's true, I will watch the movie. I'm a big fan of mr. Depp

I guess Brittany Murphy won't be returning to reprise her role from the last film. O.O
Aside from that, I really anticipate this. I'd really love to see what Rodriguez and Frank Miller pull off in the second film. IT might be hard to top Sin City 1 though to be frank. haha

i mean with the way people bow down and suck Sin City's d*ck, no duh its gonna have to live up to these people's expectations(therefore having to top it...) Sin City was something totally different and great for me, but its not the greatest and when it was replicated in The Spirit, it died.

so it would need be to be reinvented again...i dont know what ur laughing about jrs.

A system of cells interlinked
i mean with the way people bow down and suck Sin City's ****, no duh its gonna have to live up to these people's expectations(therefore having to top it...) Sin City was something totally different and great for me, but its not the greatest and when it was replicated in The Spirit, it died.

so it would need be to be reinvented again...i dont know what ur laughing about jrs.
How did The Spirit, which is completely unrelated material, kill Sin City? Because they used some of the same production techniques? That has nothing to do with the quality of Sin City, at all.

How will Sin City 2 need to be "reinvented' to be good? The material itself is strong, and if it's presented properly, it will be good!

Your sweeping generalizations and silly claims don't make much sense, dude.

Lastly - Your post came quite close to violating forum rules on language usage. Please read the forum rules, or a post could end up getting you banned.

In the Beginning...
How did The Spirit, which is completely unrelated material, kill Sin City? Because they used some of the same production techniques? That has nothing to do with the quality of Sin City, at all.
I can sorta see where he's coming from. For those who aren't crazy about the Sin City style - and I'm one of them - I can see how The Spirit, in all its overblown stupidity, could put someone off quite a bit.

I'll see a Sin City sequel, but I definitely wouldn't mind a slightly different treatment that doesn't insist on being such a shot-for-shot adaptation. And while we're at it, let's think about how we can de-cheese the delivery of dialogue, too.

A system of cells interlinked
Put someone off from Sin City? The Spirit has nothing to do with Sin City. Nothing. The material is not minimized in any way simply because they used the same production style on a later film. That is like saying Blade Runner sucks because dozens of projects after Blade Runner lifted just about everything they could from the film's production style.

All good films have bad ones that copy them. There are no exceptions. None. Nada. Zilch. So that would mean no films are good, ever, because other films have copied and diminished them at a later time. This statement seems ridiculous, because it is.

Maybe he was laughing at the irony of "being frank" when talking about Sin City, since Frank Miller is the creator?
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say you were correct... I thought it was rather funny too...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

In the Beginning...
Put someone off from Sin City? The Spirit has nothing to do with Sin City. Nothing. The material is not minimized in any way simply because they used the same production style on a later film.
I could be wrong, but I think he's talking about his disenchantment with the style, rather than the film itself. You're right, I don't think anyone can regard the material in Sin City as worse after seeing The Spirit. But I can tell you this: if I was forced to watch the latter, I probably wouldn't be watching Sin City anytime soon.

For those who aren't absolutely enamored with Sin City's style, a bad film done in that style can put us off from enjoying Sin City - at least for a while. Hell, I haven't even seen The Spirit, and I like Sin City less and less. The style is hardly divorced from the content, especially when the same person (Frank Miller) is the driving creative force behind all of it.

Movie Forums Insomniac
Couldn't find an appropriate thread except this one, but according to JoBlo Robert Rodriguez said that Sin City 2 is likely to start shooting this summer. No casting announcements were made, but he did say they'd be of the same caliber as the first film. He did not address whether or not Frank Miller would be returning to co-direct though.

On another Rodriguez note, Machete Kills (the sequel to 2010's Machete) starts shooting in April.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I like Machete, it was a good fun film but i'd much rather see Sin City 2 come along first.

Both Machete and Sin City were *****. Sin City looked cool, but that's about it and Machete was utter garbage.