B & W 1950/60's movie title please

Tools    

Hi I am new to this so hope someone can help. This is an old noir film that has bugged me since I was a kid. Set in a U.S. city, a woman who was running from something finds refuge in a basement apartment occupied by a man. He goes to work & locks her in, although she doesn't seem too upset about it. One night he comes back drunk & tries to rape her except she kicks him in the eye with her very pointy stiletto shoe. He loses his eye & now wears a patch, only he thinks he lost his eye in a bar room brawl or something. He continues to lock her in until he's drunk & tries again & she tells him she will kick his other eye out. So he realises what happened & unlocks the door for her to leave, which she does. Seem to remember her walking aimlessly through the streets then ending up back at his place where they kiss & "live happily ever after". Very dark & deep movie about human emotions/desires, most of it takes place inside the apartment, I don't think there was a lot of dialogue.

Something Wild (1961)

IMDB Page | Wikipedia Entry | Review | Pics

Hey thanks Viju Menon for the prompt answer & that is definitely the movie. Just watched that short & will have to see the rest now.