Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Dog Star Man (1961-64) by Stan Brakhage

Im really into the experimental / avantgarde cinema of the likes of Peter Tscherkassky and Kurt Kren so Dog Star Man by Brakhage should be right down my alley.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dog Star Man is mediocre. I can recommend you better avangarde/experimental flicks.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Watched a New York Winter's Tale last night and it had one of us in floods! Poor IMDB rating but incredible emotional sincerity from Colin F and fantastic portrayal of human self-sacrifice. Some would say cliché but it's genuinely a touching movie!

At the beginning of January, I started keeping track of every movie that I watch, how long it is, and of course, the date of when I watched the movie. Basically, it was an example of what happens when I relinquish my obsessive compulsive disorder into the wild and don't choose to apply cognitive reasoning about the necessity or relevance of my actions. I also have a list of every movie that I have ever seen, who directed it, and every video-game that I have ever beaten.

Any boo, on February 16th, I set my personal record for longest 'run-time' in a day.

February 16th: I watched Let Me In, Rush, Bad Grandpa, You're Next, and Nothing Left to Fear.

This amounted to 525 minutes worth of movies, or eight hours and forty-five minutes.

Jesus Christ! In my defense, I rarely watch movies on the weekdays, and so, I take a day out to completely indulge.

I want to challenge my personal record
McConnaughay, Frozen is a fantastic shout! Have watched far too many times!

By the way, our website would be suitable for those times when you feel you can no longer contain your OCD - keep track of all upcoming movie and game releases! Just search KeepTrackr in google and sign up! No annoying email bulletins, just a simple calendar for your favourite entertainment so you don't miss out!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Please feel free to recommend me some more stuff! I would be very happy
OK. Beware! The ultimate hippie sheet below:

10/65: Selbstverstümmelung
- wasn't it you recommending it in here? In spite of two other shorts of the director this one I found really good
Cremaster - I only saw the first part, but it's the epitome of experimental art pretentiousness hipsters rave about.
The Dante Quartet - my favourite Brakhage, right to-the-point flickering colours, Window Water Baby Moving is awesome as well
Elégia - a great short by Zoltán Huszárik. I have to see Sinbad!
Emak-Bakia, Entr'acte, L' étoile de mer - obvious dada/cinema pure/call-it-whatever-you-want experimentals
La femme qui se poudre - weird stuff
Fuego en Castilla (Tactilvisión del páramo del espanto) - as experimental as eating sausages with chocolate; surprisingly really good
Krakatau - intense and dark, outstanding!
A légy - fly pov
The Life and Death of 9413, a Hollywood Extra - really cool
Light Is Calling - beautiful take on revitalizing what's already gone (mkay, I'm being pretentious right now)
Phantoms of Nabua - how could we forget our beloved Thai director "Joe", his Boonmee short is even better
Quick Billy - from contemplative experimental to faux silent movie
Le révélateur - the peak of Zanzibar films, narcotic vision of Garrel
Surface Tension - just another experimental film
Suite 212 - video art, "to reach ultimate katharsis you must stare into unset TV, or turn it backwards, or break it, or some other stuff, can't remember, anyways I'm a hippie director and Imma add some violet to these boring found footage. Wooh!" - I really liked it, though
Tejút - Fliegauf goes experimental conteplation
Witch's Cradle - my second favourite Maya Deren film, usually gets overlooked, because everybody is fapping on Meshes of the Afternoon
Начало (I'm a hipster and use Cyrillic) - probably the best Пелешян film
Блокада by Сергій Лозниця - already mentioned it somewhere
probably forgot half a dozen of 'em, but these seem to be good for a start. You've probably seen the majority anyway.

Lone Survivor. Heard great things.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I beat the record that I had yesterday, successfully watching 526 minutes worth of movies, beating my old record by exactly one minute, but since it's the weekend, I figure I might as well watch a couple more.

Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

I've been wanting to see this one for a VERY long time. It seems like many people watched this one in the past couple of days and it inspired me to finally see it myself.

tonight my second watching of this masterpiece !

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Solid, but not extraordinary. I was, not surprisingly, far more impressed with Phoenix's performance.
Wow really? You shock me!

Allow me to show you my big surprised face