Spider-Man 3

→ in
Tools    

I like it better than the second in my opinion. Man does spiderman have a lot on his plate lolz

I really enjoyed this movie. It took everything good about the second and added more action and excitement.

Spider-Man 3 is not just a good comic book movie. It's a good movie period. Rarely have I gone through such a range of emotions during a film (not since SM2 anyway). Absolutely an incredible experience.

The depth, heart and action were off the charts. I totally agree with the film critic who said it's the best of the three movies due to the growth of the characters since the first movie. I was stunned that SM3 is actually an improvement on what was essentially a classic. I know many movies claim to have something for everyone but this one manages to pull it off while remaining interesting and compelling all the way through. There are spectacular action scenes as well as heartfelt moments. I can't imagine anyone at any age not enjoying some aspect of this film.

Director Sam Raimi, the cast, the crew and writers should all be proud of this movie and take a bow for a trilogy well done. The only remotely negative thing I have to say about this movie is how can they possibly top it now? Then again, I said that after Spider-Man 2 so who knows? Bring on Spider-Man 4!

9.5/10

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lovers of the film will enjoy it, but fanboys will be disappointed.

Review up shortly.

Suspect's Reviews

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
WARNING: "Spider-Man 3" spoilers below
How awful was the way they defeated Venom? Clanging pipes!? Is that a joke!? In a movie full of awful scenes, that may have been the worst

There are those who call me...Tim.
...Too many villains, not enough time devoted to each. They should have stuck with Sandman and Harry Osborn if they had to have multiple villains, and left Venom for another movie. The character was wasted with too little screentime and a crappy death.

We get it, Sam Raimi's not a fan of Venom, but he could've at LEAST made an effort!

2/10, and certainly not a good comic book movie. Fantastic Four was a better comic book movie than this flick. Both were terribble in my opinion- but Spidey 3 was overpowered by Raimi's stench- which drove the flick more towards a B grade cheese flick than a comic book movie.

Just came from the cinema.Could this movie be any worst 2h and 15 min full of sh1t,some scenes were totally worthless.I couldn't stop laughing most of the time,Tobey's acting was awful.I had such big expectations for this movie and now I'm so disapointed

Actually, you know what, I'm not finished.

The action, despite what I keep hearing, really isn't all that. It may be entertaining but no more so than anything else I've seen recently and nothing in the film is anywhere NEAR as good as the train sequence from Spider-Man 2.

As for the special effects, I don't think they were ever convincing, or at least not a step above the previous film. Venom for example looked terrible.

As for the special effects, I don't think they were ever convincing, or at least not a step above the previous film. Venom for example looked terrible.
I personally never found those to be top notch in the Spidey movies anyways. Some were good but others not so good. Like that scrap with Doc Oc in the 2nd one. The movements were too phony looking on the train fight and previously before that, along the side of the building. I know Spiderman is supposed to be fast but it wasn't the speed that bothered me It was his or the other's body, not keeping it's normal shape during some of the fights.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
2/10, and certainly not a good comic book movie. Fantastic Four was a better comic book movie than this flick. Both were terribble in my opinion- but Spidey 3 was overpowered by Raimi's stench- which drove the flick more towards a B grade cheese flick than a comic book movie.
Spidey 3 was a lot better then TMNT.

PS - Seriously.....enough with the quadruple posting.

I personally never found those to be top notch in the Spidey movies anyways. Some were good but others not so good. Like that scrap with Doc Oc in the 2nd one. The movements were too phony looking on the train fight and previously before that, along the side of the building. I know Spiderman is supposed to be fast but it wasn't the speed that bothered me It was his or the other's body, not keeping it's normal shape during some of the fights.
That's fair enough, it's just that yesterday morning I watched Spider-Man 2 before going to the cinema, and I can honestly say I was more impressed with what I saw in that film than this.

You ready? You look ready.
That's fair enough, it's just that yesterday morning I watched Spider-Man 2 before going to the cinema, and I can honestly say I was more impressed with what I saw in that film than this.
Exactly, Spider-Man 2 was the far superior film in this franchise. I absolutely hated this third and, hopefully, last one. They did an excellent job of making me hoped there are no more Spider-Man movies. Unless they weren't going for that effect, of course.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

In the Beginning...
Exactly, Spider-Man 2 was the far superior film in this franchise.
I would disagree. The consistency in pacing, style, and direction set by the first film started to wear off in the second, and has now completely unraveled in the third.

It just seems like the popularity of these films rapidly took over, coupled with the ever-inflating budget, to the point where no one could really control this runaway elephant of a film. The screenplay, acting, direction, pacing, plot development, art direction... just about everything was subpar. And I have to ask: for close to $300 million spent, what was really accomplished?

I've never gone much for the Spiderman franchise, don't like how the villians are always made sympathetic and Spiderman spends too much time being conflicted and moral which might be why i found a lot more to enjoy here. The dialogue was very often tripe and there were cheese moments but the two worked in unison and i did find myself laughing at several points, even if the bit wasn't intentionally funny. To break it up (most points have a flipside):

Liked
  • Bruce Campbell, obviously.
  • Gwen Stacey, a far more interesting character then Whiney Jane.
  • The CGI, thought Sandman was amazing.
  • Harry's character arch.
  • The score.
  • The cheese moments, Parker IS a geek, it was far better than the cliched approaches most film take by making it humouress and keeping Parker's core geekiness.
  • The seemingly poorly connected strands of the story tied up in the end for a decent end.

Disliked
  • Gwen Stacey just disappearing from the film.
  • The first Harry/Peter fight, was too dark to see what was happening combined with bad editting.
  • Harry's character arch seemed to have missing scenes to support his changes.
  • The butler scene, tied to previous point only, really forced and scripted bit to explain character change.
  • Flint Marko's backstory as lame attempt to ellicit emotion from Parker.
  • Always seeing Brock's face as Venom.
  • The symbiote starting off on the background and Dr Connors was such a blatantly put in attempt to badly explain what fans knew.
  • Mary Jane and Aunt May. Please shoot them.
  • Sentimentality.

Well, there's more bad things than good things but the film was enjoyable and i do think it's being penalised with too much bias from hype and the previous two. And the cheese was fun, maybe people didn't want to see it in the film but it didn't destroy the film, maybe the franchise and the tone though.

In case anyone's interested, Spidey 3 smashed the opening day record with an estimated Friday total of $59 million at the US Box Office. Add to that the estimated overseas gross of $45 million and Spidey also holds the record for the largest worldwide opening day with $104 million.

But let's face it, with the months of hype, enormous numbers of screens and prints and the huge advertising campaign...is this really a surprise?

Anyhow, congratulations Sony.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2307&p=.htm

You ready? You look ready.
I would disagree. The consistency in pacing, style, and direction set by the first film started to wear off in the second, and has now completely unraveled in the third.
The characters/actors were much better in Spider-Man 2 than the first one, I thought. But my god, I wanted to bash my face with a brick that's how bad the characters were in this final one.

Spider-Man 3 was/is going to bring in a crap load of money because that's what it was designed to do. It wasn't meant to appease the comic book fans, it wasn't meant to tell a good story, it was meant to make money. However, I hardly see it making enough money to cover it's expenses.