Watchmen

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well, I'll do whatever Kevin Smith tells me, no really, I will.

Welcome to the human race...
Hmmm, well I for one didn't think much of 300, but Zachery does have an eye for visionary worlds, i'll give him that. I also know NOTHING of the comic book and i'm going to keep it that way.
Well, if that's what you really want to do, I guess I can't stop you. Just going to tell you that you're missing out big-time. Regardless of how the movie turns out, the book really does go above and beyond anything the film could hope to accomplish.

Maskless Rorschach!
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

In the Beginning...
Looks pretty good. Iroquois is right, the glasses need to go. I can't tell if they freckled him up, but as long as he's got that and his ears are sticking out, it's all good. Either way, Haley is going to rock the role.

Welcome to the human race...
Looks pretty good. Iroquois is right, the glasses need to go. I can't tell if they freckled him up, but as long as he's got that and his ears are sticking out, it's all good. Either way, Haley is going to rock the role.
Haley's IMDb page

Fortunately, he only wears those glasses when he's not in character.

It now seems Watchmen might not get released. I honestly doubt this will happen, but it might get delayed. If it does never get released, I think it would be the first time something like that has ever happened, that such a big film gets stopped in post-production.

Oh, and hi, everyone.

In the Beginning...
This is the most BS line I've ever read:

"When you have copyright infringement, there are some damages you never recover,"
Yeah, I'll bet Fox was just itching to do Watchmen, since it was one of their biggest properties and all. That thing has been rusting on their shelves for years. They tried to get rid of it. Nothing was said eleven months ago when the film was announced. Now, all of a sudden, WB has a hit on their hands, and Fox wants to throw down? Shameless.

And why not release the film? I can't believe they have the nerve to suggest personal suffering damages from this copyright being used. They're just a fracking film studio. They didn't write it. It's not theirs. Screw 20th Century Fox. And I hope their little studio hype stooges who troll this site see it.

I think it'll end in 20th Century Fox getting part of the gross, but it's still shocking that they want to prevent its release altogether. Just like you said, why didn't they try to stop it from getting made in the first place?

This was a classic B.S. line as well.

However, Fox's legal team says it isn't looking for monetary compensation and instead wants to prevent the big-budget film from being released altogether.
Yeah and I just suddenly woke up in a completely different world from the one I went to bed in last night. It's always about the money.

Sounds like a big deal, but of course it won't be. Not for moviegoers. Fox will get a chunk of the substantial money the film will likely take in, and we'll all get to see it, probably without significant delay.

It is kind of amazing how often these things seem to happen, though. You'd think the issue of rights would have been sorted out from the beginning, but fairly often it isn't, so the legal aspects of adaptation rights must be pretty convoluted.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This further cements my disliking of Fox.

Suspect's Reviews

This further cements my disliking of Fox.
True that. they will make anything a tv show! I could call up right now and be like, "I have a great idea for a show where we put babies under the care of hungry orangutans and well call it Primal Parenting" and i would get a 15 episode contract. haha

Lots of bad shows on Fox, no doubt, but I don't think that makes them unique. Nor do I think any other media company would behave much differently in this situation. They have some kind of (apparently) valid claim on the property, and they want to be compensated for it. It may be threatening and annoying to those of us excited about the film, but it's not unethical or unreasonable. Unless, of course, you think they actually intend to shut the film down. I think it's just part of the negotiation.