Meatwadsprite's Slow Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

American History X- once, because it is so disturbing, and can't help but cry in a bunch of scenes, can never watch it again.
and it's your 7th favorite film ......

Skins is in my top ten and I wrote a review for it... but it's not a movie I can watch over and over again because if I did, I'd eventually end up a little depressed... but that doesn't change the fact that I love the movie...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I'm sure this picture speaks for all MoFo's who are angered by this thread but have some internet manners that are ready to be broken...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Yes, because I'm not emo and don't like to be depressed all the time....

belive it or not, sometimes I can make up my mind on a movie, after only watching it once...

Skins is in my top ten and I wrote a review for it... but it's not a movie I can watch over and over again because if I did, I'd eventually end up a little depressed... but that doesn't change the fact that I love the movie...
I think there is a difference in how people on this board "like movies".

When I say I really like or love a film that means it's a film I can watch many times over and over again and be highly entertained by it.

Though on this board people act like they like classic movies that are highly respected here but really don't care for them at all - having only seen them a couple times.

If you don't want to watch the movie again - you don't like it .

I think there is a difference in how people on this board "like movies".

When I say I really like or love a film that means it's a film I can watch many times over and over again and be highly entertained by it.

Though on this board people act like they like classic movies that are highly respected here but really don't care for them at all - having only seen them a couple times.

If you don't want to watch the movie again - you don't like it .
I don't want to watch the movie again because it is heart-breaking,

Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom (2 viewings)

Plot : An archieologist who now selling his finds - goes on his second adventure to retreive an important artifact.

Story : The introduction to this movie is out of this world amazing - it's an entire change of pace from the rest of the film. Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) attempts to sell a rare artifact to a buyer with big pockets only to be tricked ! A huge gun fight ensues and it turns into a game of back and forth trickery. Jones escapes with his young kid partner and a woman from the bar that the transaction was to take place. Too bad the plane they escape on is owned by the man chasing them - leaving them stranded in India.

Here the main section of the movie begins where a village expects Jones and his friends to retrieve an important stone that was stolen from them. Jones travels to the palace where the stone is supposdly being held and eventually uncovers the secrets it holds.

Visuals : Great for every situation in the film , the begining is obviously where you will be wowed the most : but as the movie dives deeper and deeper through the temple of doom is continues to get darker and darker - when the movie finally emerges from the dark palce it's a true feat : that as a viewer you can emotionally connect with the bright outdoors.

Sypnosis : My favorite of the three the first time viewing all of them and I'm betting it will be my favorite as I continue to re-watch the trilogy.

Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom (2 viewings)

Plot : An archieologist who now selling his finds - goes on his second adventure to retreive an important artifact.

Story : The introduction to this movie is out of this world amazing - it's an entire change of pace from the rest of the film. Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) attempts to sell a rare artifact to a buyer with big pockets only to be tricked ! A huge gun fight ensues and it turns into a game of back and forth trickery. Jones escapes with his young kid partner and a woman from the bar that the transaction was to take place. Too bad the plane they escape on is owned by the man chasing them - leaving them stranded in India.

Here the main section of the movie begins where a village expects Jones and his friends to retrieve an important stone that was stolen from them. Jones travels to the palace where the stone is supposdly being held and eventually uncovers the secrets it holds.

Visuals : Great for every situation in the film , the begining is obviously where you will be wowed the most : but as the movie dives deeper and deeper through the temple of doom is continues to get darker and darker - when the movie finally emerges from the dark palce it's a true feat : that as a viewer you can emotionally connect with the bright outdoors.

Sypnosis : My favorite of the three the first time viewing all of them and I'm betting it will be my favorite as I continue to re-watch the trilogy.

How can you like this movie!? You've only seen it twice

/sarcasm

How can you like this movie!? You've only seen it twice

/sarcasm
But I plan to see it again - unlike you who said you never want to see American History X again .

/end of argument

But I plan to see it again - unlike you who said you never want to see American History X again .

/end of argument

You don't understand the word sarcasm, do you?

You are going to point out someone's spelling? and in case you didn't notice all the words are spelled wrong

Oh, I am chocking on Irony
the I in irony should not be capitalizied

While I'm not accusing anyone directly, I would ask that everyone on this thread who is not directly discussing a specific point about a review herein take a few breaths and back up off of both this thread and Meatwad.

Posts in this thread are now bordering on personal attacks and those aren't allowed in the civil discourse of MoFo. Meatwad is a member here, he contributes regularly and has the right to an opinion about whatever films he watches. While we may not agree with his opinions I don't want to see any threads here degrade into personal attacks/insults as that drags the quality of the whole site down.

If anyone has personal issues please take them to PM.

K I've avoided this thread cuz I've been hearing that Meatwad is attention seeking and I don't wanna feed that. But it was a slow MoFo day so I gave in. Besides some excellent zingers from MoMak (and I applaud you sir) it seems Meat is intentionally aggravating the rest of the community and we are allowing ourselves to be annoyed. So we can fan the fire (lose:lose) boycott his meddle-peddling(win:lose) or, maybe Meatwad could just try and be less prickly and think about what he types a little more and we could enjoy some scathingly honest reviews and comments.(win:win)

What do you think?

I just know they're coming to kill me.
So we can fan the fire (lose:lose) boycott his meddle-peddling(win:lose) or, maybe Meatwad could just try and be less prickly and think about what he types a little more and we could enjoy some scathingly honest reviews and comments.(win:win)

What do you think?

While I'm not accusing anyone directly, I would ask that everyone on this thread who is not directly discussing a specific point about a review herein take a few breaths and back up off of both this thread and Meatwad.

If anyone has personal issues please take them to PM.
While I'm sure Sir Toose doesn't really need me to support him, I will just say I have to agree. A lot has been made about meatwad taking up time in others threads but I think he mostly does that because so many are crapping on his, I may be wrong, but I don't think so based on what I've seen over the last few months. I was pretty rude to meatwadsprite early on in this thread as well and I realized after awhile that I was becoming part of the problem and not the solution. I pm'd him and apologized and we have not had any bad rep or negative things to say since. So take this as you will. But at some point I would like to be able to just read his reviews whether I like them or not and take it or leave it.

The wad has been off my radar...if you let a rat under your skin - all ya got is a rodent under your skin....and who wants that?