Help with 70s children's adventure movie

Tools    

Spent some time trying to find one of my first movies. I was so young that I have very little to go on. 1971-1975 children's adventure movie. A few pre-teens displaced in time(?). I remember only 2 scenes. 1 Hiking down a stream (walking in the water) in a forest or jungle. Of course the nerdy kid is falling behind and takes off or drops his back pack and it gets taken/eaten by a large lizard or salamander after a bit of a tug a war. Boy was upset because his diary was in it and he was keeping a record of their journey. 2 I believe it was the end of the movie. They are in an arctic setting and come across a Viking ship which becomes their way home. The crazy part and possible false memory (I was around 7 years old) was that the Viking ship flew or floated. Been racking my brain for years. Thanks.

it can't be ? The Island at the Top of the World

from Disney https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...es_films#1970s

Wow, that might be it. I passed over this title on the wikipedia list because the description seemed way off. I'll find a way to watch it and see.
Thank You

freedom~empathy~peace
No, it won't be that film. I watched it quite recently...there are no children in it, no Viking ships, and no travelling in time. Good luck with your search, (I'll keep an eye out for your movie myself).