Polish Corner

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm in hospital.
Hope everything either is or will turn out good. Stay strong!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

also poland was forced to make territorial shift from east to west by will of russian dictator stalin . it was forced to abandon it's eastern lands and was given much more valuable german territory in it's west instead . the german population of those territories was forced to leave . any german on this forum wanting to claim the lands back ?

Better not. I live there!
what about lemberg/lvov ? you still want it back from ukraine ?

I've just been watching Vladek Sheybal in the Callan episode The Little Bits and Pieces of Love (1969). He plays a great part . If I recall correctly he has the line "Poles are very good at self-destruction".

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I've just been watching Vladek Sheybal in the Callan episode The Little Bits and Pieces of Love (1969). He plays a great part . If I recall correctly he has the line "Poles are very good at self-destruction".
I don't know this guy, but the line is superb

Thanks MsM. All is cool. MrMin was just joking and the only reason I couldnt explain yesterday is because I'm in hospital. I am here to cheer the opening of the Polish Corner.
I know he did I just wanted to say I'm glad you're here
Hope you'll feel better soon
Speaking of lapses, I wrote above sweat, not sweet so welcome in the club.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thankyou, darling.

And lol it's OK I read it the correct way ehehehe. It's ok it's ok.

I don't know this guy, but the line is superb
Well you mentioned Andrzej Wajda and apparently he was in the film Kanał (1956) just before coming to the UK. He's also the chess player Kronsteen in From Russia with Love.

Well you mentioned Andrzej Wajda and apparently he was in the film Kanał (1956) just before coming to the UK. He's also the chess player Kronsteen in From Russia with Love.
Yeah, I've seen both and Kanał quite recently, but I needed to take a look at him from that time.

Yeah, I've seen both and Kanał quite recently, but I needed to take a look at him from that time.
He was great to watch in Callan. Very interesting little gestures and matched Edward Woodward's bombast so they were almost reflections of each other. Both angry about different things.

He was great to watch in Callan. Very interesting little gestures and matched Edward Woodward's bombast so they were almost reflections of each other. Both angry about different things.
Hmmm. I haven't seen it and even heard of it. Looks quite good.

Weird. I can't find his name in the cast on my fav polish movie site. I need to check it out.

Hmmm. I haven't seen it and even heard of it. Looks quite good.

Weird. I can't find his name in the cast on my fav polish movie site. I need to check it out.
Well there is the film of the series too but I'm watching the TV series itself. That's definitely one of the benefits for me though – I love seeing actors I know from other things as they crop up .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You have very good taste in women, See, if that isnt a terribly sexist thing to say that's gooing to upset someone.

OK Polish peeps, hit me up with your favourite recipe. I'm utterly mesmerised by this idea of the french stealing polish cuisine and running away with it. Damn French! Why does no one discuss this travesty?

You have very good taste in women, See, if that isnt a terribly sexist thing to say that's gooing to upset someone.
It doesn't upset me at least — vindicated at last !