Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Looking forward to this one becoming a movie.
Did you read this book?

Three more from Great Horror Stories:

The Frontier Guards by H. Russell Wakefield – 5/10
Brief and okay but a little confusing at the end.

To Be Taken With a Grain of Salt by Charles Dickens – 3/10
Couldn't get into this one at all. Maybe it was because it was last thing and I was a bit drowsy but it was as if it went nowhere.

The Avenging Chance by Anthony Berkeley – 8/10
This was more like it . Very witty and with some clever twists and turns.

I just took this book out from the library, based on your recommendation

I read this book last year & it’s excellent. A very sexy novel set in the restaurant world of Manhattan. And now they have made a movie out of it! Starz will air it next month as a mini-series, I think. Tom Sturridge is playing the lead male, which I don’t see at all as he has a very weird vibe.

Didn’t like this book & returned it for a refund.

Not bad. Could have lived without reading it. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Good book. Interesting plot.

Never been into the legal thriller genre, pretty sure this is the first one I've read, and it was pretty good. Second half really picks up with the trial.

Out of curiosity, how many pages do you give a book before you decide this isn't working and shelve it or do you just power through anything you start? I'm wondering because I just started American Psycho and it isn't grabbing me yet (about 100 pages in). Normally with a book of this length I'd be done with it but with this being such an acclaimed novel I'm going to give it a little more leeway.

@Hey Fredrick
I usually do enjoy legal thrillers (and mysteries in general) . Two authors who are write good ones, that are often made into equally as good movies, are John Grisham and Scott Turow, who are both lawyers btw.

Good question about sticking with a book! I usually give it 50-100 pages. Then I either give up, or set it aside to come back to when I m in a different mind frame. Often I will thumb ahead -yes, even to the end! to see if I want to go further. Usually, however, my first impression is right for me.

On reflection, when I was younger and studious, that is still in school or no more than 5years or so after school; I diligently finished every book I started.
Now, if I don't like it, I dump it,

@Hey Fredrick Amazon Kindle gives 7 days to get a refund on an ebook so I make my decision within that time. Some books I immediately hate, but I have been halfway through some books before bailing out.

Almost bailed out of this book as it is rather incredible, but did finish it. Very well written. Apparently, it’s gonna be a movie & I anticipate that the movie may be better than the actual book. Depending on director & casting.

Got at least halfway through this book, but then it began to make no sense. Returned it for a refund.