Star Wars Movies Coming to Blu-ray

Tools    

Nothing has been said at all in here for the past six hours?!?!?!

Your fantasies about pseudo-Star Wars are horrible and impossible to support without the help of purposeful ignorance.
Odd. I never divulged my fantasies about Redneck Stormtroopers in overalls capturing me and locking me away in a shed -- not sure how you knew about them and I'm not sure how they lack purposeful ignorance either since the Rednecks Stormtroopers are supposed to be really dumb.

Hey, that's actually kinda close to what I was asking for. Missing the overalls and the shed, though.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't know, Suspect. I learned my lesson the last time a quote made its way onto the web at convenient time. Can't remember what it was exactly for...oh yes, MLK and Bin Laden.
I can post the entire speech if you wish.

Suspect's Reviews

We(PW and I ) have the Rebellion Collection (fan edit) which I think is totally awesome, just thought I'd throw that out there

Okay, so maybe Lucas didn't sell out. Maybe he just sold a line of BS and everybody ate it up.

My inner child weeps!
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Okay, so maybe Lucas didn't sell out. Maybe he just sold a line of BS and everybody ate it up.

My inner child weeps!
You are super sarcastically melodramatic in this thread. Not in a worthwhile way.

Here's a funny article about the changes. It doesn't add anything to the argument, certainly not a sound case against the changes, but it did make me laugh.

Rude language alert.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
FROM Killerfilm.com
Deleted Scene from Empire Strikes Back

Sep 7, 2011

While us Star Wars fans continue to crucify George Lucas over the more changes he’s made to the original trilogy for the upcoming Blu-ray release on September 17th, we’re also forgetting the release will feature hours of deleted scenes. EW posted one of those scenes omitted from Empire Strikes Back that features an alternate take on a scene between Han Solo and Leia. The scene does features some subtle sexual tension between the characters than in the original version.

FROM EW.com
'Empire Strikes Back' deleted scene: You could cut Han and Leia's sexual tension with a lightsaber -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

by Christian Blauvelt

Hoth. Where the weather is cold and the emotions run hot.
Especially those of Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and her ever scruffy paramour, Han Solo (Harrison Ford). At the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back, their hormones practically ricochet through the corridors of the Rebel Alliance’s ice planet hideout–abetted by “nerf-herder” name-calling, one unwittingly incestuous kiss, and even a threatened Wookiee make-out session. But ”I’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee”/”I can arrange that… You could use a good kiss!” wasn’t the original parting-shot in Han and Leia’s Echo Base lovers’ quarrel. In an early cut of the film, their squabble lasted much longer, and while that never-before-glimpsed deleted scene will be included on the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray (out Sept. 16), EW’s got it for you first. Check out the clip below:

Is it just me, or is this a lot more sexually charged than what made the final cut? I half expected Urge Overkill to accompany Han's line, "You’ve been so busy being a princess, you haven’t learned how to be a woman. I could have helped you."
And poor Han. If Leia's not likening him to a nerf-herder, she says he has "the breeding of a bantha." Wait... Jabba the Hutt later calls Han Solo "bantha fodder" (poodoo in the original Huttese) in Return of the Jedi. Must now spend hours ruminating on a narrative and thematic connection between Princess Leia and Jabba the Hutt that does not involve a metal bikini.

You ready? You look ready.
Yup, now that was definitely a scene that needed to be in there, and what do you know...it didn't have to be CGI s*** to make it better. That's odd. Who knew?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
At least one person thinks that this is all a good idea.
VFX master John Dykstra praises George Lucas’ Star Wars Blu-ray changes

Sep 8, 2011

The subject of all of these digital changes to the Star Wars saga has enraged fans over the years, even more so on its first-ever Blu-ray appearance soon, but VFX legend John Dykstra, who’s worked on the saga as well as Spider-Man, has praised Lucas.
God love him! He should tweak it until his heart’s content. You never finish a movie. It is always pried from your grasping hands. There is always something you can fix. Does it always make it better? Mmm…That is questionable. I think executing something, you make decisions as you execute, in terms of priority. Sometimes those priorities are formed by more than just whether or not it was a good technical execution.”

The subject of all of these digital changes to the Star Wars saga has enraged fans over the years, even more so on its first-ever Blu-ray appearance soon, but VFX legend John Dykstra, who’s worked on the saga as well as Spider-Man, has praised Lucas.
God love him! He should tweak it until his heart’s content. You never finish a movie. It is always pried from your grasping hands. There is always something you can fix. Does it always make it better? Mmm…That is questionable. I think executing something, you make decisions as you execute, in terms of priority. Sometimes those priorities are formed by more than just whether or not it was a good technical execution.”
See -- this John Dykstra character is saying the exact same stuff I said.

@filmgirl I've decided to stop at anger this time around!