Almost famous: the director's cut

Tools    

anyone else seen this? if so did you think it was much better than the theatrical version? i've ahd it for ages but never got round to watching the theatrical one, maybe i should sometime. i love the untitled version though. in england it was only available at hmv for some reason (although hmv is a brilliant shop so thats not really a bad thing) but i expect it was a little more widely available in the us...

I got the American version from Play.com which came with a 6 track Stillwater CD. I dont know if the UK release had this.

The untitled version of the film is definitely better than the theatrical version, it just tells a more rounded story. It drags a bit in places but I suppose it was intended for people who had seen the orignal, which I had. The directors commentary is quite funny as Cameron Crowe's mum is there commenting on the things she remembers him doing. I love the scene when the airplane is going down, makes me laugh every time. Jason Lee is superb in this film, you can tell he really wanted to be a rock star and is really enjoying getting the opportunity to perform on stage.

I was a bit disappointed with some of the extras though, there are things that are on the normal DVD that arent on the untitled version such as the Fever Dog video.

If you havent done the missing Stairway scene with the music you're missing out, it really works. Its a shame they couldnt get the licence for it.