Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

Love my new cat pillow to go along with all the other cat junk in our house.

Kandy to a dental vet this morning. She has gingivitis & is losing teeth. She will need some teeth extracted, full dental work-up, etc., etc. It’s gonna cost me $3,000.

Kandy to a dental vet this morning. She has gingivitis & is losing teeth. She will need some teeth extracted, full dental work-up, etc., etc. It’s gonna cost me $3,000.
It ain't easy, that's a link for my niece in my signature as she's going through the same thing.

On a side note, a coyote has been coming into my yard and I'm going to try and kill it DEAD!

On a side note, a coyote has been coming into my yard and I'm going to try and kill it DEAD!
Why? What harm is it doing? Why should you kill something just because it’s in your yard?

Why? What harm is it doing? Why should you kill something just because it’s in your yard?
I don't want it going after the boys. They're never unattended but it still makes me nervous.

I don't want it going after the boys. They're never unattended but it still makes me nervous.
It has a right to live. It’s your choice, naturally, but I couldn’t live with myself if I killed an animal like that.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Oh No. I totally understand the stress, Cricket. I feel the same way about snakes in my yard when it comes to my dogs.

It has a right to live. It’s your choice, naturally, but I couldn’t live with myself if I killed an animal like that.
I don't know if I could either and it probably isn't going to happen. I'm definitely going to watch for it and try to scare the crap out of it.

I don't know if I could either and it probably isn't going to happen. I'm definitely going to watch for it and try to scare the crap out of it.
If coyotes are shy creatures, they should be easy to scare off if they're on their own. Just make yourself big, loud and scary.

If coyotes are shy creatures, they should be easy to scare off if they're on their own. Just make yourself big, loud and scary.
And I realized at the weekend that this is the random acts of kindness towards animals thread. No killing here.

Made an appointment for 5 weeks’ time. Earliest I could do it. Will be relieved (my wallet too) when we make it to the other side.

Took Kandy in this morning. Bus trip super-easy from my house, which stops right outside the vet hospital. Next town over, but took only 12 minutes or so. Had another consult with the vet & left Kandy there. Due back at 5.30. They called & said she’s doing well under anesthesia. Only a single tooth remained viable so I told them to remove that too. Bus stop for return trip is in a very cold windy spot so may take a cab home so Kandy doesn’t suffer. Will be prepped with pain reliever instructions. She cannot eat kibble for a week, which means Looby cannot either. Bill is going to be $3K+.

@cricket . I don't know where you live, but unless you live on the flanks of the Rocky Mountains or the Texas plains ( by which I mean the free and wild wide open spaces ), this coyote shouldn't be a common sight. I would be very wary of confronting this coyote or trying to scare it away. Coyotes do not typically go into people's yards or approach people, it could be lost of course; but it could very well be rabid. Is there some sort of animal control agency in your area you could contact for help and information? I'd feel better if you didn't try to face this creature alone.

@cricket . I don't know where you live, but unless you live on the flanks of the Rocky Mountains or the Texas plains ( by which I mean the free and wild wide open spaces ), this coyote shouldn't be a common sight. I would be very wary of confronting this coyote or trying to scare it away. Coyotes do not typically go into people's yards or approach people, it could be lost of course; but it could very well be rabid. Is there some sort of animal control agency in your area you could contact for help and information? I'd feel better if you didn't try to face this creature alone.
I'm in the Boston area, but I've always had plenty of wild animals visit my yard. A coyote was howling right in my driveway the other night. I just ran out and chased it away. I called animal control but I'm on my own unless one becomes aggressive.

@cricket. Nowadays lots of creatures are 'invading ' suburban or country- town habitats (truth is, we've invaded theirs) .Well hopefully you keep a good distance between you and the critters and stay closer to your house than you are to the coyote. Or raccoons ( they seem to be everywhere lol, and are very adorable to look at, unless, as happened to my neighbor down the road, they decide to burrow a hole in your roof to nest their babies. Very adorable - until they came crashing thru his living room ceiling. Very good chewers apparently- well my neighbor sure kept his garbage pails secure from then on)

Well good luck to you cricket. Keep safe.

Found a big coyote dump in my backyard this morning.
ah yes, poop. It always tells a story, criket!

I used to think dingoes would never go near a camp fire but that was until 'that dingo stole my baby' saga (RIP poor little innocent), and small humans were being attacked by them elsewhereon this giant island of sand.

Are your poochies locked inside at night, Cricket?I'm going to ASSume yes. Didnt Paris Hilton's little dog get taken by a coyote some time bac, about the same time a video of a young woman chasing after a bear that took off with her dachshund was doing the rounds.

They only go out with one of us and always during daylight.
Good on you. Same for us in spring to autumn (snakes)but not so much in winter (although snakes are still out year in. It's not farfetched we could have a cute, fluffy kangaroo jump in to the garden and not be able to jump out. Very dangerous critters, especially to dogs. My two boy terriers would just see . We were watching a segment on some news panel and seeing an idiot tourist talking to camera about how cuuuuute they are while kangaroo was sizing her up to scratch the beeping stuffing out of her. The cameraman was delighted.