Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Kids these days desperately need to go back to driving manuals. Keeps their hands off the cell phone.

So true about the traffic. People here in Dallas complain about the traffic, and I say what traffic?? Here at its worst is faster than most other countries i have driven in. Hanoi and Calcutta were brutal on my legs! London is bad too!

When i moved back and wanted to get a manual, there were virtually none available!

Are there any trucks in manual available these days?
yes yes yes to all of that. I sometimes sit in my car for 5 minutes watching people in my local shopping centre. holy crap I can forgive the learner drivers out there with a parent learning to reverse park, or even front park, but grown adults? I'm not surprised at the rate of car accidents. Speaking of which, I watched one of those dash cam YTs the other day. Holy she-it. See if I can find it. A woman merged right infront of a semi-trailer driver and he had no time for the breaks to kick in. The inevitable happened but thankfully no one was hurt. Woman then got out of her car to get his details ...in the middle lane of a three lane motorway!!! While the silly twat was speaking on the phone, yes that's right,still in the middle of a three lane motorway,her little son tried to get out, and I'm pretty sure it is illegal to here to have someone of his stature in the front seat. Poor truck driver was screaming at her to pull over to the verge before one of them got killed.

Speaking of Calcutta and Hanoi, I spent 6 months cycling around India. I'm surprised I survived but it's sort of an organised chaos mentality you have to get into. Hanoi? No way to driving; I had enough troubles adopting the vietnamese way of crossing the road. Same thing about organised chaos; you sort of close your eyes and all the drivers go around you, except for when they dont.

Well sell by dates are just a guideline. The manufacturers just make a rough guess about it. But as a shop owner, I guess, he shouldn't be the one making the call.

Those Asian cities are like, you might go out, you would be very lucky to come back home. But the thrill of having virtually having your life in your hands had a very intoxicating effect and a thrilling experience.

Well sell by dates are just a guideline. The manufacturers just make a rough guess about it. But as a shop owner, I guess, he shouldn't be the one making the call.

Those Asian cities are like, you might go out, you would be very lucky to come back home. But the thrill of having virtually having your life in your hands had a very intoxicating effect and a thrilling experience.
I was told they are well within the guidelines to start which, in my country atleast, are allegedly super stringent. Some other countries maybe not so?

And yes again to the adrenaline experience of stepping out on the street. Gee I miss it;. havent been back to asia for ages. The bliss of car horns and motorcycles hitting the road - I remember it well. You probably dont miss that last bit so much by the sound of it. Ouch. We ended up in a hospital at one stage and the waiting room was packed with foreigners rocking up for motorbike accidents.

My only accident was here in US. :P
Got a little bit if my left ear chopped!

Sell by dates are just rough estimates that manufacturers put. They just gauge a rough timeline, that they think the item would be at its optimum freshness. But it by no means, when the food goes bad. Always trust the nose for that!

John Oliver did a piece about food wastage in his show Last week tonight. It is available on YouTube. Manufactures sometimes make the dates very tight, so that you buy more. Came around 1930s something in US.

I'll che ck that out. I like John oliver. Thanks.

Most interesting man in the world
a few more :

people who talk during a movie/tv
people who are glued to their phones especially when your hanging out
when people don't return favors when you've done a lot for them
people who interrupt you when you need to fully explain the problem / situation
when people only talk to you when they need / want something
,you don't hear a peep from them until then..
generally people with bad manners
people who work somewhere i.e. customer service with terrible broken English
and you don't understand squat and you want / need to talk to someone else.. but
makes you "look" mean/demanding to do so & it makes you wonder WTH hired this person ?
meanwhile someone else who does speak & understand English well may be sad & unemployed
that they weren't hired
lamea$1 judges/legal systems where they "release" dangerous people out of prisons and or mental hospitals
early for "good" behavior,over crowding,reduced sentences etc (insane criminals,rapists,abusers of children/animals/the elderly/domestic family/special needs people (the mentally challenged/disabled etc) ONLY for them to
repeat the same crimes,and their victims learn / repeat this to others giving a never ending cycle of victims
yup it makes perfect sense to jail a dangerous animal like a vicious venomous snake for 5 years feed it,take "care" of it,
clothing it,sheltering etc and then Release it back into society...meanwhile the snake has infected numerous victims
and ALOT of the victims spread the venom that they acquired from their abuser The only solution is elimination
Ive never heard of an exterminator that came to a persons house and collected the infestations( the roaches,spiders,rats,snakes,vermin,termites etc) and releases them after a certain amount of time and spends
significant amount of money housing them and then lets them free so they can infest peoples houses again
and charges $1,200 USD to collect them and then charges me/us/we the tax payers,thousands annually to take care of them ???? for x amount of time ? ..5,10,25,years ???... life time sentences ?? and THEY also have the audacity to ask/give ridiculous requests for "last meals " ...? from a chef or chef$ ? and a lot of the ridiculous amount of food they
order IS NOT even eaten/finished..? "meals" that cost hundreds or thousands meanwhile a hard working father just has the basics for his family .. a single mom with a child only "qualifies" for $38 USD in food stamps per month a 30 yr old single man who takes care of his 70 yr old dad doesn't have enough medical coverage for them a couple in their mid 20s struggle to pay their rent a child somewhere doesn't have a nice thanksgiving/Christmas yup makes perfect sense to me...

Cannot stand him. Opiniated bore.

people who work somewhere i.e. customer service with terrible broken English and you don't understand squat and you want / need to talk to someone else.. butmakes you "look" mean/demanding to do so & it makes you wonder WTH hired this person ?
This drives me nuts with outsourced customer service. Amazon outsources to India & the Philippines, among other places, and, though the customer reps are pleasant, etc., sometimes they just don’t understand what it is that one needs. At that point, I always ask to be transferred back to the United States.

I hate people who chew food with their mouth open. Drives me crazy.

I actually have a long list of things that annoy me - long commercials on YouTube, slow people on sidewalks, when someone comments my driving, people who can’t read typos etc.

Instigators....and there is a lot of them everywhere...mind your own f**king business.

Someone who blares their car stereo... with very loud rap or hip hop

don't worry I just get them back.... I push the cd button on the car stereo.. select track 8

Great song. Always loved it. But if Brandy hung around waiting for that d**k of a sailor, she gets no sympathy from me.

How the heck do old people manage with passwords, setting up online bank statements, paying bills online, etc., etc.? CITIBANK has worked my every nerve since last night. Tech support in India was for the birds! Their security question for decades was the name of the city in which I was born. Easy, since there is only one possible answer. Now, suddenly, it’s the name of my favorite pet. How in God’s name am I supposed to know that in the middle of the night? Setting up an online account to pay my electric bill was almost as excruciating. Local P.O. has stopped delivering electric bills this year for some unknown reason so now I must pay online. Torture!

How the heck do old people manage with passwords, setting up online bank statements, paying bills online, etc., etc.? CITIBANK has worked my every nerve since last night. Tech support in India was for the birds! Their security question for decades was the name of the city in which I was born. Easy, since there is only one possible answer. Now, suddenly, it’s the name of my favorite pet. How in God’s name am I supposed to know that in the middle of the night? Setting up an online account to to pay my electric bill was almost as excruciating. Local P.O. has stopped delivering electric bills this year for some unknown reason so now I must pay online. Torture!
I had to reset my address and phone # with a bank yesterday (over the phone) and one of several security questions was which street was closest to my old address - then they gave a list of street names (and there was no "none of the above" available).

I'd never heard of ANY of the 4 street names and was told I "must" choose one! Does anyone really know ALL of the names of nearby streets in their neighborhood? I could only name maybe 3. I didn't even know the name of one street a block over because I never went that way!

I just guessed at "Charles St." and then I asked the lady on the phone if I got it right since it was a complete guess and she said... "I can't verify that."

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I had to reset my address and phone # with a bank yesterday (over the phone) and one of several security questions was which street was closest to my old address - then they gave a list of street names (and there was no "none of the above" available).

I'd never heard of ANY of the 4 street names and was told I "must" choose one! Does anyone really know ALL of the names of nearby streets in their neighborhood? I could only name maybe 3. I didn't even know the name of one street a block over because I never went that way!

I just guessed at "Charles St." and then I asked the lady on the phone if I got it right since it was a complete guess and she said... "I can't verify that."
lol. I've been asked what street I lived on 20 years ago. Man, I can barely remember what I ate last night! ...20 years.

What bugs me lately is the forced password changes after 12 months and/or not being able to use old passwords again. I've had to start a journal just to keep track of every pass I use. I cannot imagine the confusion my grandparents probably went through with the few accounts they had (email, internet, CCs, and eBay).

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

@Captain Steel @ynwtf. Another security question was the name of a favorite grade school teacher. Are they serious? I can barely remember the school, let alone names of teachers. Imbeciles!

I do remember my school, high school, college addresses, maybe not exactly like zip code and all, but at least the stream names. Finished school in 2002.

For passwords i use LastPass.

Another thing that annoys me these days, is the music! A whole lot of garbage really.

Setting up an online account to pay my electric bill was almost as excruciating. Local P.O. has stopped delivering electric bills this year for some unknown reason so now I must pay online.
Murphy’s frickin’ Law. Haven’t had an Eversource electric bill since last December. Set up the online account Wednesday. Thursday we get a paper electric bill in the mail.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
When you can't quite work out whether people on goodreads are genuine wankers or elaborate parodies. But you suspect it's probably the former and that's really depressing.