Best Of The Year/Every Year

Tools    

I honestly think she was awful and still did the second time, may have been even more annoyed then actually. It's an alright film though, it's really well directed.
In what way was she awful according to you?

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I thought she deserved a nomination for her performance in Babadook, I also loved the film itself, even bought the book version of the Blu-ray.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Best Picture 2014

The contenders here.....

5. Nightcrawler
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Interstellar
2. Gone Girl

With the winner being....

1. Boyhood

Best Scene

Admittedly no true standout scene from this year for me, so I'll just go with that ending Dancing Baby Groot scene. Sorry for being so mainstream.

And now, we move to 2013!

Best Supporting Actor 2013

Here are my nominees:

Sam Rockwell- The Way Way Back
Bradley Cooper- American Hustle
Barkhad Abdi- Captain Phillips
Michael Fassbinder- 12 Years a Slave

But the winner this year is:

Will Forte- Nebraska

Best Cinematography 2013

Here are my nominees:
Nebraska
Her
The Great Gatsby
12 Years a Slave

But the winner here is:

Gravity

Top Ten of 2013

01. Before Midnight
02. Inside Llewyn Davis
03. Her
04. A Touch of Sin
05. Night Moves
06. The Past
07. The Wolf of Wall Street
08. Nothing Bad Can Happen
09. Blue Is The Warmest Colour
10. The Bling Ring

Seen 46 from 2013, as usual there's loads i need to see especially foreign language films. Really love the top five here with Before Midnight and Inside Llewyn Davis top ten of the decade from what i've seen. Feel like i need to see The Past again but i want to watch the other Farhadi's first, liked it a lot when i saw it a few years back. The Wolf of Wall Street went down for me quite a bit on rewatch but i still think it's a lot of fun. Have mixed feelings on The Bling Ring and i totally get why lots of people hate it but i liked quite a bit about it.

Nothing Bad Can Happen is something i'll probably never watch again but it was really effective.

Best Actor

01. Oscar Isaac - Inside Llewyn Davis
02. Joaquin Phoenix - Her
03. Ethan Hawke - Before Midnight
04. Leonardo Dicaprio - The Wolf of Wall Street
05. Bruce Dern - Nebraska

Think all of those are at least pretty great. Isaac and Phoenix are almost interchangeable for me.

Best Actress:

01. Brie Larson - Short Term 12
02. Julie Delpy - Before Midnight
03. Adele Exarchopoulos - Blue Is The Warmest Colour
04. Berenice Bejo - The Past
05. Scarlett Johansson - Under The Skin

Had mixed feelings on Short Term 12 overall but i thought Brie was great. Have to rewatch Under The Skin, haven't seen it since it came out, remembering digging Scarlett in it.

Best Supporting Actor:

Matthew McConaughey - The Wolf of Wall Street
Sascha Alexander Gersak - Nothing Bad Can Happen
Ali Mosaffa - The Past
Sam Rockwell - The Way Way Back
Jiang Wu - A Touch of Sin

Like all of these quite a bit. Although i may have mixed the actors up in A Touch of Sin as i forgot the characters was thinking of the dude in the first story, he's the lead in that story but with it being an anthology film i just had him here.

Best Supporting Actress:

Agata Kulesza - Ida
Amy Adams - Her
Carey Mulligan - Inside Llewyn Davis
Zhao Tao - A Touch of Sin
Dakota Fanning - Night Moves

Same deal with A Touch of Sin here, was thinking of the actress that gets slapped like 40 times consecutively. The only one i love here is Kulesza, think she gives a much better performance than the Ida actress, although i like her too.

Short Term 12 and The Past are two films I should see. Oh and I still haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street.
Wolf, Past, Short Term. That's the definitive order you should watch them in. I agree with Camo, Short Term is so so but Brie is great and the reason to see it. Been on Netflix forever if I remember correctly.

Wolf, Past, Short Term. That's the definitive order you should watch them in. I agree with Camo, Short Term is so so but Brie is great and the reason to see it. Been on Netflix forever if I remember correctly.
Not on there anymore

2013 is the year I watched the most films from (of all years). It was the year that I started taking my passion for cinema really seriously. These are my Top 10 favorite 2013 films:

1. The Wolf of Wall Street
2. Escape from Tomorrow
3. Cheatin'
4. Before Midnight
5. American Hustle
6. Like Father Like Son
7. The Wind Rises
8. The Great Beauty
9. Nebraska
10. Gravity

(I might have positioned number 2 and 3 a bit higher because they're not that well known)

Still from Escape from Tomorrow

Other films I really loved:

The Immigrant
The Double
Venus in Fur
The Zero Theorem
Jeune & Jolie
Side Effects
Inside Llewyn Davis
Under the Skin
Jodorowsky's Dune

Great year!