What do you think of Disclosure (1994)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It's right in the middle for me, and kind of liked it, kind of not. I liked the sexual harassment aspects of the movie and felt there was an interesting story there, which takes up most of the first two thirds, with some cyber plot elements involving computers in the background. But then in the last third, the movie does take a turn and turn into a full cyber espionage type thriller, with virtual reality technology even.

I feel that maybe the movie was suffering from an identity crisis and probably would have been better if it stuck to just being a sexual harassment law suit drama perhaps. But what do you think?

Well was it possible to even have a digitized version of your body in a program back in the 90s, like it showed in the movie?

No, it's not on Netflix, I got it from the library. Good luck finding many movies on Netflix from the 90s

Cyber stuff is downright hilarious now, totally undermines the serious tone of the rest of the film.
It feels dated yes if you watch it now, however it s a clever little thriller minus the nudity which i thought could have helped the erotic nature of it

No that's just it as I felt the movie was trying to be too futuristic, cause not even nowadays is there a virtual reality of you, when you try to access computer files. The movie goes beyond even modern computer technology there, unless I'm wrong?

The scene where Michael Douglas and Demi Moore have their "encounter" is absolutely brilliantly filmed, acted, and edited. The lawsuit scenes were interesting, loved Roma Maffia as Douglas' attorney, but after the trial ends, the film falls apart for me.

Oh okay, I didn't like the sexual encounter scene, cause I felt that Douglas participated too much in the encounter, before changing his mind, so when he becomes a Malcolm X of sexual harrassment later, I wasn't sure if I bought it, unless that's just me?

Oh okay, I didn't like the sexual encounter scene, cause I felt that Douglas participated too much in the encounter, before changing his mind, so when he becomes a Malcolm X of sexual harrassment later, I wasn't sure if I bought it, unless that's just me?
he became malcolm x only after she dragged him out..moreover he participated like any other human would in the circumstances given they were once in relationship but he controlled himself from going further.

Oh okay, I guess I just thought the sexual harassment would have came off as more powerful, because then it comes off more as harassment, rather than participating and changing your mind after, but I guess that's just the way I saw it.