Vinyl collectors?

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Do any other MoFos collect records? It's my current hobby/obsession. I love how vinyl sounds, I love hunting for a good find, and apparently I'm not the only one. A lot of shops are now carrying records again.

My latest finds:
Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy

The Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground & Nico

My current wishlist is: Elvis Costello - My Aim is True, The Pogues - Red Roses for Me, and X - Los Angeles.

So I guess this could be a tab for other vinyl enthusiasts to share their latest treasures or wishlists.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I have a respect for records and I buy them when I feel like it / it's something I MUST have / it's cheap. There's a place near me that sells used records.

I don't but my Brother does.

He's got every one of Blondie's albums, all first edition, and none of them have ever been played. All still in the original packaging and cellophane wrappers and stuff.
Think he's got the same with Queen as well.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have all of Mort Sahl and George Carlin's albums.

My music records are all 60's and 70's - Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Doors, Supertramp, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Steely Dan, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I gave my cousin 225 records when I went overseas. He started liking my music, so I gave them to him.

I have a rather large collection that I will take the time to list soon, and I now have my mother's collection of two to three hundred, probably. We are talking classics. I feel sure they are worth something, for the most part. Rodent, your brother's collection has got to be worth something, still sealed up, and everything. I have at least one Blondie album, for sure. Maybe more. I have a lot of 45s, too.

I started out collecting 60's music (The Who, the Stones, Beatles, and Janis Joplin), but my true love is the 1970's. Looking for a lot of Alice Cooper, but I'm also looking to pick up some Rush, more King Crimson, more Frank Zappa, and as much T-Rex and David Bowie as I can find.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I have about 300 albums and 100-something 45's. Haven't bought any in a long time, though.

My Friend has a huge collection he has been collecting for over 20yrs

You who collect do you also buy new vinyl albums? 'Cause I see a lot of new music is being sold as vinyl.
I own a few, all of them reissues (Lick It Up - Kiss, Nevermind - Nirvana, Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden, to name a few), but I generally don't buy them. I'm pretty much into originals only.

I'm not a collector but I do have a little pile of records, mostly ones my parents let me have. My wee collection(the ones in bold are the records I got from my parents):

The Omen score
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest soundtrack

Alice Cooper - Killer
Dokken - Breaking The Chains
David Bowie - Space Oddity
David Bowie - Young Americans
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Killing Joke - Night Time
The Sisters of Mercy - First and Last and Always
Curve - Doppelganger
The Beatles - With The Beatles
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
Blondie - Parallel Lines

Iron Maiden - Power Slave
Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality
Black Sabbath - Vol.4
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy
Francoise Hardy - Francoise Hardy

Ozzy Osbourne - Talk of the Devil
The Doors - Best Of
Billy Idol - 11 of the Best Songs
The Cramps - Bad Music for Bad People
Kavinsky - Outrun
Only God Forgives score

The last two are records I bought most recently during last year mostly because I adored the artwork on them over the CD releases. The others I bought years ago during my Goth/Metal music phase. I'm a CD girl but now and then I buy a record if it's a mix of adoring the music and the artwork/packaging it comes in.

You who collect do you also buy new vinyl albums? 'Cause I see a lot of new music is being sold as vinyl.
I tend to buy older music on vinyl, I don't care if they're original pressings or not. The copy I have of Velvet Underground & Nico is a recent pressing, but I have several original pressing records of Alice Cooper, Warren Zevon, The Who, and one original Frank Zappa album that is like the treasure of my collection. (Frank Zappa and The Mothers - Just Another Band From L.A.)

Picked up these the other day:

Def Leppard - High 'N' Dry

Lou Gramm - Ready Or Not

George Michael - Faith

Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells A Story

Bumping my own thread. I'm on a 1960's folk kick right now.

New vinyl treasures:

Phil Ochs, "I Aint Marching Anymore." - Phil Ochs was a 1960's folk singer known for writing protest songs. He never got as famous as others in the genre, but his music is amazing. Eddie Vedder covers his songs in concert often, most famously a re-written version of this album's trenchant final track, "Here's to the State of Mississippi."

Arlo Guthrie - "Arlo" - A live album from 1968, "Arlo" has been out of print for decades at this point. Featuring the hilarious (and far superior) live version of "The Motorcycle Song," from his "Alice's Restaurant" album, picking this up was a no brainer.

Sadly, I was forced to leave two albums on my wishlist behind due to having just paid my rent.

...next time.