Movie Satans

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
We had the Jesus thread, but there's no thread for Hollywood depictions of the devil...and there's a lot of good ones out there. He's a great movie bad guy.

My personal favorite Satans:

Dave Grohl - Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny

Tim Curry - Legend

Trey Parker - South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut

Peter Cook - Bedazzled

Any others? No, I'm not doing this to be offensive, it's an interesting topic to me.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Loved Pacino in THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE and Nicholson in THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK and if you want to go a little more old school, Ray Walston was a lot of fun in DAMN YANKEES.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Walter Huston as Mr. Scratch in The Devil and Daniel Webster

Emil Jannings as Mephisto in Faust (1926)

Claude Rains as Nick in Angel on My Shoulder

Laird Cregar as His Excellency in Heaven Can Wait (1943)

A system of cells interlinked
Since he hasn't been mentioned, I have to give a shout out to Jack Nicholson in The Witches of Eastwick...Nicholson appears to be having a ball here and makes the film seem a lot better than it really is.

Not sure if trolling or...

You know you posted Jack just two posts above this one, right?

Put me in your pocket...

Rex Ingram from Cabin in the Sky (1943)
Loved his voice and the play between his Lucifer and the heavenly General.

Ray Walston as the devil in the form of Mr. Applegate, in Damn Yankees! (1958).

Can Hades count? Loved James Woods as the god of the Underworld.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
I'd count Hades.

Also, while not a huge fan of Ghost Rider, I did like Peter Fonda as Mephistopheles. Does he count?

Rosalinda Celentano in The Passion of the Christ
Peter Stormare in Constantine

I also like Tim Curry in Legend, but I always took it that the "father" that Darkness talks to was actually the Devil; he says Night is his mother.

LOVE this performance...Pacino just appears to be having a ball here.
I loved Devil's Advocate as well and Pacino's performance was totally the icing on that cake. My one criticism of the movie (and it's pretty much my criticism of about 80% of modern movies) ... the run time was just too long! Making it 2.5 hours kind of killed what was otherwise a fiendishly fantastic movie. It wasn't an "epic" movie and it didn't have a ridiculously complicated plot, so it could have been told (and ended up much more watchable) with 20 - 30 minutes edited out.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This chick, and her little friend.

I actually don't find that little guy scary, he's more like Mini-Me.

I didn't care much for The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre The Passion of the Christ, anyways. It was well filmed, but it had all the subtlety of being beaten bloody by a stack of bibles.