Secret Favorite Movies...

Tools    

well when you like it as much as I do then it becomes more or less outragous I guess I choose my movies wisely cause if that ain't considered then I might be in trouble don't have to many more to list what about Rocketman with Harland Williams I just laughed my @ss off at this movie. Even before I poped it in the box had me laughing at the prospect of this guy goin up to space.

Fred Randall: A glitch? That's not possible. I programmed it myself.
________
Vaporizer Video Review

I love that movie, LBJ. I think it's completely hilarious. Harland Williams carries the whole thing. "I'm 32 years old, I'm almost a full-grown man!" And thank you, Mr. Pike, for your forgiveness. I feel as if my soul has been cleansed of it's previously filthy cinematic opinions.

I wouldn't go that far, Commish. But I do give you absolution for your failure in this particular topic, as you requested.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Now if you said the same thing about Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot or Cop and a Half, now THOSE would be guilty pleasures.

I guess I don't have any secret movies then, because the ones you keep listing as examples are gay...I would never like any of 'em.

Right, and that's rather the point, Sades.

If there isn't some truly horrible movie you know is horrible but like anyway, then you don't really have anything to contribute to the thread.

I wouldn't go that far, Commish. But I do give you absolution for your failure in this particular topic, as you requested.
Once again, I just don't know when you're being serious. My apology was blatantly sarcastic. Your standards for this topic baffle me. Heck, you didn't even start the thread...seems to me no one person here can set this bar for everyone else. I say "Black Sheep" qualifies. To you, it doesn't. To me, it does. Ditto for "Rocketman," I'll wager. If you want to hold to those highly strict guidelines, be my guest, but if you do, I suspect this thread will continue on as a back-and-forth with someone listing a bad movie they like, and you telling them it's not bad enough.

If there isn't some truly horrible movie you know is horrible but like anyway, then you don't really have anything to contribute to the thread.
You don't think "Black Sheep" is truly horrible?

hey, you two have been hopscotchin' over my posts lately, in the continuation of your passionate debates...which are cool and all....but i'm starting to feel a little invisible here..........the incredible shrinking "post"er

I got one I got one (I fell like a little kid) MR.PIKE tell me if this fits the criteria.

Out on a Limb
________
Park Royal 2 Condo

Oh, sarcasm. I don't get that sar-cas-mmm.
I'm trying to give it up, as I seemed to be the sole practitioner in these here parts and the only one able to identify it. Yes, I know you were being scarastic, which I was doing right back at you, Bright Boy.

Black Sheep is pretty bad, but it was also fairly popular, and as a vehicle for Farley and Spade I don't think any of their fans are going to complain too much. Assessing it as being not as good as Tommy Boy is already putting perspective and a qualifier on it. It's not iredeemable, it's just not as good as their first movie.

Hey, if you want to think the likes of Black Sheep, Clueless and Titanic are guilty pleasures, go right ahead. I'm disagreeing, dig?

And Out on a Limb is a REALLY bad movie. If you are able to gain any enjoyment from repeated viewings of that little dog, yeah, that's a guilty pleasure in my book.

what about mine Holden

Out on a Limb

Everyone practices sarcasm...just few as often as yourself. I figured you were, but I think it says something about your sarcasm that it's not always evident: when it happens THAT often, it's hard to know when you're for real. But surely the fault is mine alone...

And no, I don't think "Titanic" is a guilty pleasure...I just think it was bad. I think you're confusing me with someone else. I think "Clueless" was guilty in the sense that I wouldn't be too keen to admit to other guys my age that I enjoyed it. But, apparently, by YOUR standards, one group of people alone is not good enough. And yes, "Black Sheep" certainly qualifies. No doubt. Made little money, almost universally panned...what else do you want?

Black Sheep is pretty bad, but it was also fairly popular, and as a vehicle for Farley and Spade I don't think any of their fans are going to complain too much. Assessing it as being not as good as Tommy Boy is already puting perspective and a qualifier on it. It's not iredeemable, it's just not as good as their first movie.
Fairly popular? To whom? The only person I know who thought it was a genuinely good movie was my brother, and he loves Pauly Shore. Assessing it as "not as good as Tommy Boy" is simply acknowleding the connection between the cast and (I haven't checked, but potentially) crew.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
hey, you two have been hopscotchin' over my posts lately, in the continuation of your passionate debates...which are cool and all....but i'm starting to feel a little invisible here..........the incredible shrinking "post"er
I hear ya patti...come play somewhere else...this thread bites.

I know it wasn't you who listed Titanic or Clueless, Commish, but it was one of the many where I came back with a reply stating I thought they weren't all that guilty of a pleasure and tried to get everyone to a firmer definition of the term. That was one of the things you were on about, yes? I don't think I'm the one who is confused.

And if you can't tell when I'm being sarcastic or what my sense of humor is yet, I don't know what else to do...other than color-coding my comments. Black is for cold facts, blue is for sincerity, red is sracstic, brown is for bullsh!t, pink is for knock-knock jokes, etc.

It's just an idea I'm toying with. It should make things MUCH easier 'round here.

Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries
what about mine Holden

Out on a Limb
would you please tell me if you consider this movie to be a guilty pleasure or not and why please ??

I'm getting left in the dust here guys & gals

LBJ: he edited his post above. Confusing, I know. He says it qualifies. Lucky dog.

If you weren't referring to me saying it, then don't say "you." The only thing I'm confused about is why you feel the need to judge everyone's "entries" of sorts. I still don't see any valid reason for why "Black Sheep" isn't on your little list, either. Fairly popular? What's that supposed to mean; it wasn't a complete bomb on video?

so which color should i use for "this bites"?

Sorry, Patti: personally, I agree with "Mr. Destiny." I thought it was a baaaad movie, and a waste of Michael Caine's time (even of James Belushi's to a degree...and that's really saying something). I kind of enjoyed it anyway, though. So, if I were the one running this discussion, I'd say it's a fine entry.

I fell so satisfied Thank you thank you I've seen that movie a few times that's for sure and I own it too.

I got another one but I don't know if it is or not could you tell me if it Qualifies

I Love Trouble
________
Colorado Dispensaries

Now With Moveable Parts
That totally qualifies in my book! That movies sucks! I hate everything about it, so if you liked it...then I wouldn't be tellin' anyone but us!

Yeah, I Love Trouble is pretty bad too. I don't know how you could like it either. What is WRONG with you.

But seriously, what do you like about I Love Trouble and Out on a Limb. Don't just confess in a list, try to explain yourself.

Black Sheep is "fairly popular" because it has a fan base, namely Farley & Spade fans and those who like dumb gross-out comedies. It also made about $32-million in 1996, which is almost exactly what Tommy Boy made the year before. It didn't win any Oscars, but I don't think it's an off-the-charts bad movie, no, at least not substantially any worse than Tommy Boy critically or finacially, or any Adam Sandler movie artistically. I don't like any of those movies myself, but I don't see singling out Black Sheep from the rest of the pack.

I said "if you want to" because you seemed then, and again now, to be critical of my asessments of the choices in general, not just yours specifically. If you personally would have let the Titanic mention slide, fine. You agree with me on that one, but not on Black Sheep. Great.

I don't think the first page of this posts many people had a handle on what a "guilty pleasure" really is. Yes, of course that's from my understanding of the term and how it was being used in this thread. And no, you don't have to listen to me or agree with me, as always. I would think that goes without saying, but if you want to try a little sarcasm and get defensive and argue about it, we can do that too. I'm game either way.

I'm not trying to "run" the discussion, I'm trying to get us all to agree on what it is we're looking for. I still think these should be movies you are truly embrassed to admit to liking in mixed company. If you don't have any of those, you don't have any. No big deal.