Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

I actually think Nolan's series got better as it went on...

My own non-biased ratings:
BB 90%
TDK 95%
Rises 98%

In terms of favouritism... same order

Loved TDK, ledger was one of the most inspired, disturbing and raw performances I've ever seen... but when I saw the overall finish of Rises, I fell for it. If anything I prefer Bane over Joker too... Hardy rocked the role.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Dark Knight Rises was awful and unnecessarily depressing. Dark Knight was fantastic, and I liked but didn't love Batman Begins even though that one was probably the most faithful of the three films.

That said...

Karl Urban should play Batman. He was fantastic as Judge Dredd, and I think he'd make a fantastic Batman. Just my two cents. My other choice would be Jeffrey dean Morgan if we're looking for an older Batman. Dude has the intensity, look at him in Watchmen. He is the reason to see that movie.

Jon Hamm would be a kick ass Lex Luthor by the way...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Full on recasting for a Justice League film...
Nick Cage as Superman...
Mark Wahlberg as Batman...
Tom Cruise as Lex Luthor...
Jennifer Aniston as Lois Lane...
Milla Jovovich as Wonder Woman...
Schwarzenegger as The Flash...
George Clooney as Aquaman...
Casper Van Dien as Green Lantern...
Robert Pattinson as Joker...

That would be a film I would miss.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

BATMAN BEGINS is as close to a perfect BATMAN movie as we'll get; there's not a wasted shot in it and all the performances are outstanding. THE DARK KNIGHT has Ledger's remarkable Joker, but the Two-Face b-story fails to come off, largely because the cgi used to create the character just isn't convincing, and Rachel stand-in Maggie Gyllenhaal brings little to her role as the love interest. Really, THE DARK KNIGHT feels like two movies stuck together, and once Ledger's Joker has been nullified we're left with about a half-hour still to go, and sadly that time is spent resolving the less-than-compelling Two-Face story. I've always thought THE DARK KNIGHT should have ended as a cliffhanger, just at the point where Joker is fleeing the hospital with the explosions igniting behind him...
We'll have to agree to disagree, I think it's more like Batman Begins is a 7.0/10.0, The Dark Knight is a 9.5, and Rises is about an 8.8.

On the outside looking in.
Dark Knight Rises was awful and unnecessarily depressing. Dark Knight was fantastic, and I liked but didn't love Batman Begins.

Karl Urban should play Batman. He was fantastic as Judge Dredd, and I think he'd make a fantastic Batman. Just my two cents.

I couldn't disagree more with your first paragraph...but I'm definitely on board for Karl Urban as Batman!

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Full on recasting for a Justice League film...
Nick Cage as Superman...
Mark Wahlberg as Batman...
Tom Cruise as Lex Luthor...
Jennifer Aniston as Lois Lane...
Milla Jovovich as Wonder Woman...
Schwarzenegger as The Flash...
George Clooney as Aquaman...
Casper Van Dien as Green Lantern...
Robert Pattinson as Joker...

That would be a film I would miss.
Who you got for Riddler? LOL!

Dark Knight Rises was awful and unnecessarily depressing. Dark Knight was fantastic, and I liked but didn't love Batman Begins even though that one was probably the most faithful of the three films.
I don't know how true it is, because I am not a huge Batman fan, but I had heard the original idea for the third film was the trial of the Joker. Alas, Ledger passed and that idea was jettisoned. Regardless, I agree DKR was long, drawn out and the lesser movie of the three.

As far as Superman/Batman is concerned, I think if they keep Mr. Christian Bale, and his weird Batman voice away from the role, it could be a winner.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
The Dark Knight Rises was lazy, we were promised something spectacular and it didn't live up to it. Tom Hardy was wasted as Bane, and the ticking time bomb story was lazy. Don't get me wrong it was still pretty good, but not in the same league as the first 2.

Bumping this thread...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rumour...lay-new-batman

Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling are in the running to play Batman in the new film out in 2015.

Neither are a good choice imho... Gosling is too pretty, Brolin just doesn't fit the role.

In the Beginning...
Richard Armitage and Joe Manganiello are also being considered, among others. They want to cast an older, grittier Batman who's already established, so that's why Brolin is a frontrunner. I agree, though, he's not right for it. They ought to take a hard look at Jon Hamm.

If they choose to cast a bit younger, then Joe Manganiello's as good as anyone. He's not much of an actor, but I think he would pair with Henry Cavill nicely. He's definitely got the "Batman" look, that's for sure.

Richard Armitage isn't bad either, but he seems a bit uninspiring now that he's playing a similar role in Thorin Oakenshield. Just seems a little too easy.

I have no idea why Gosling is being considered. I'm sure it has something to do with a "hot name" that would make the film bankable. I just don't see many fans being on board with Gosling in the role.

On the outside looking in.
Yea, anyone can kill Superman with Kryptonite [Even i can]. Well, we can say Batman are at a distance and Superman uses his breathe power or heat vision and send Batman flying. I'm sure Superman is smart enough to form a strategy...
If this carries on in the tradition of MAN OF STEEL, Kal El will just throw BATMAN through a building...and another building...and another...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
How about "Karl Urban" for Batman.

"Inhabitants of Gotham. In case you have forgotten, this city operates under the same rules as the rest of the country, the Joker is not the law.......... (in Bale esque growl) I am the Law"

Best fight between Batman and Superman was in Frank Millers "Dark Knight Returns", and believe it or not, kryptonite wasnt involved! The 4 issue Dark Knight miniseries showcased everything that is gritty & cool about the Batman. The Joker was pretty cool in it too.

Mark Strong hints at Lex Luthor 'Superman vs Batman' role

Mark Strong has hinted that he will play Lex Luthor in Man of Steel's untitled sequel.

Following the release of Zack Snyder's film, it was strongly rumoured that Superman's iconic nemesis would feature in the sequel, with Strong named as one of several contenders for the role.

Asked by Digital Spy whether there was any truth to the rumours, Strong responded: "All I can say is... watch this space."

It was announced at Comic-Con last month that the Man of Steel sequel would feature Batman, and would draw heavily on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, in which a grizzled Bruce Wayne faces off against Superman.

Christian Bale will not return to play Wayne, and it has been reported that Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling and Matthew Goode are among those being considered to take over the role.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...tman-role.html

As long as they watch what the animated series did, they should be fine.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I think Christian Bale needs to come back. If they throw enough money at him, which I think they will (RDJ profit sharing type money) I bet he'll do it. He owns the character now. Batman will need one heck of a suit to stand up to superman though.

I think Christian Bale needs to come back. If they throw enough money at him, which I think they will (RDJ profit sharing type money) I bet he'll do it. He owns the character now. Batman will need one heck of a suit to stand up to superman though.
I actually disagree with that one. I'm not the biggest fan by any means, but Nolan's Batman films (didn't watch the third one) are by far the best straight superhero movies I've seen. And I'm definitely not a Superman fan, and I think taking a good, and for hardcore fans, really memorable superhero movie, and doing a crossover, would ruin the thing a little.

Better for the Nolan trilogy that they grab a new Batman guy.

I always hated the Superman-Batman teams ups in DC Comics because the only way they could make Batman look good was by making Superman look bad.

I suppose kryptonite will figure big in the film.

Best fight between Batman and Superman was in Frank Millers "Dark Knight Returns", and believe it or not, kryptonite wasnt involved! The 4 issue Dark Knight miniseries showcased everything that is gritty & cool about the Batman. The Joker was pretty cool in it too.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!