Shrunk - Rick Moranis Returns to Acting

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Deadline has reported that Rick Moranis is officially returning to the big screen after a 23-year hiatus (albeit an episode of The Goldbergs and the documentary An Afternoon with SCTV). He will reprise his role of scientist Wayne Szalinski in a new installment of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids franchise but they are going the Vacation route and the film will focus on adult Nick (Josh Gad), who makes the mistake of accidentally shrinking his kids. Original film director Joe Johnston is also returning to direct the new film, which was originally meant to be a Disney+ original, but will now be released in theaters first instead.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
classic.
and totally adorable.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Deadline has reported that Rick Moranis is officially returning to the big screen after a 23-year hiatus (albeit an episode of The Goldbergs and the documentary An Afternoon with SCTV). He will reprise his role of scientist Wayne Szalinski in a new installment of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids franchise but they are going the Vacation route and the film will focus on adult Nick (Josh Gad), who makes the mistake of accidentally shrinking his kids. Original film director Joe Johnston is also returning to direct the new film, which was originally meant to be a Disney+ original, but will now be released in theaters first instead.
loved rick moranis movies, i hope the movie will be good like others

The genius of Moranis is he was able to to upstage Murray, Ackroyd and Ramis in Ghostbusters, even though he barely shared the screen with them... and when he was on screen with them at the end on the rooftop, he just fired out line after line, hitting a homerun every time.

The scene at the party in his apartment was done in one take, and he was making up his dialogue as he went along.

Glad he's coming back.

Finally, his long-awaited return to acting is over. Happy for him.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I love Rick Moranis and am happy and excited for him.
Same, and heck, I'm happy for all of US.

I swear I can rewatch a movie of his like Little Shop of Horrors like I'm seeing it for the first time because of the performances of him and Ellen Greene.

I loved him in his SCTV days (because SCTV was always funnier than SNL). Very nice news (which I didn't respond to back in February, for some reason!).

Moranis has been randomly attacked in New York.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

Not even joking. Random guy, walking past him, punches him to the ground, and walks away.

Cops have revealed the video, and a $2500 reward.

Hope they catch him.

I'll be glad to see him back. I liked the story that, after the death of his wife, he deliberately left movies to be a single dad. That's so different from all the narcissism of the movie world that it make me like him.