New soundsystem, which film do you use to test the sound?

Tools    

After unboxing and setting it up, which film do you try to check the (surround) sound quality?

*edit , should have put it here; Home Theater Questions & Information, my bad..

I use a few these days as I've just got a new home theatre.

-The opening battle scene in Saving Private Ryan is what I normally use on first test. Just to check the bullets are flying all around me.

-Also the opening to Blade runner (1982) in Dolby Atmos is absolutely incredible.

-Then for a Blu Ray I usually stick on some scenes from City of Life and Death as the sound design is awesome.

-The Revenant similarly has some great battle scenes for this

-More recently, Apollo 11 the documentary has some great sound design to check out your system with.

I use a few these days as I've just got a new home theatre.

-The opening battle scene in Saving Private Ryan is what I normally use on first test. Just to check the bullets are flying all around me.

-Also the opening to Blade runner (1982) in Dolby Atmos is absolutely incredible.

-Then for a Blu Ray I usually stick on some scenes from City of Life and Death as the sound design is awesome.

-The Revenant similarly has some great battle scenes for this

-More recently, Apollo 11 the documentary has some great sound design to check out your system with.
Used SPR too and T2, haven't seen City of Life and Death and Apollo 11 yet watchlisted, looking forward to watching/ hearing them!
So what did you get, and did it pass your sound test?

Used SPR too and T2, haven't seen City of Life and Death and Apollo 11 yet watchlisted, looking forward to watching/ hearing them!
So what did you get, and did it pass your sound test?
Yeah I couldn't be happier with what I have. Those audiophiles who love a good receiver and separate speakers combo will baulk at my delight, but I got a Vizio 36 " Soundbar .

With young kids I can't really afford them pulling expensive speaker stands over, so this option was right for me. I was hesitant. Like really hesitant, but I have to say the experience is really very good. The Soundbar comes with a subwoofer, AND two rears that plug into it - so are in effect wireless satellite rears giving 5.1 surround sound audio.

It says it does Dolby Atmos, which I guess it does, but it projects via upfiring speakers rather than true dolby atmos which is when speakers are in the ceiling. The dolby atmos movies I have definitely sound better than pure 5.1 surround sound, but they're not true dolby atmos.

The system is about half the price than a decent separates system, but the experience I am getting is one I didn't think I could get for this price, so I'm very happy. What did you get?

Yeah I couldn't be happier with what I have. Those audiophiles who love a good receiver and separate speakers combo will baulk at my delight, but I got a Vizio 36 " Soundbar .

With young kids I can't really afford them pulling expensive speaker stands over, so this option was right for me. I was hesitant. Like really hesitant, but I have to say the experience is really very good. The Soundbar comes with a subwoofer, AND two rears that plug into it - so are in effect wireless satellite rears giving 5.1 surround sound audio.

It says it does Dolby Atmos, which I guess it does, but it projects via upfiring speakers rather than true dolby atmos which is when speakers are in the ceiling. The dolby atmos movies I have definitely sound better than pure 5.1 surround sound, but they're not true dolby atmos.

The system is about half the price than a decent separates system, but the experience I am getting is one I didn't think I could get for this price, so I'm very happy. What did you get?
Glad your soundbar is satisfactory! Smart solution for speaker pulling kids indeed
Had a terrible experience with a Sony wireless soundbar (static). Now I got the Harman Kardon (wired) home-theater set, and this is the best purchase I have ever made, sound wise. Highly recommend!

Glad your soundbar is satisfactory! Smart solution for speaker pulling kids indeed
Had a terrible experience with a Sony wireless soundbar (static). Now I got the Harmon Kardon (wired) home-theater set, and this is the best purchase I have ever made, sound wise. Highly recommend!
They are supposed to be decent. I find in a home theatre that the audio is as important as the video.