American Idol...you know you are watching!

Tools    

So down to the final 3. I think Bo is going to win - tho all 3 have great voices. I was watchin last night and Ryan Seacrest plugged the season's CD that came out yesterday. It seems pretty cool - has anyone ver gotten one of the CDs?

Put me in your pocket...
Yes, I admit it...I've been watching American Idol. Go Bo!

No, I've never bought one of the AI season Cd's and I don't plan to.
However, I did buy my daughter the latest Kelly Clarkson Cd Breakaway and she love's it.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Well We all know that Bos win is sealed
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

I think Carrie, Vonzell, and Bo all will get some kind of record deal..

Neutral Milk Hotel
NO!!!!

Put me in your pocket...
Angie...I agree.

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
NO!!!!
Why not? William Hung did very well for his 5 minutes of fame....so why shouldn't Carrie, Vonzell or Bo get their opportunity.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Why not? William Hung did very well for his 5 minutes of fame....so why shouldn't Carrie, Vonzell or Bo get their opportunity.
Agreed! If Hung can get a record deal those 3 so deserve one too. I listened to the Idol Cd on Itunes and they all sounded great.

Neutral Milk Hotel
ALOT of the people on American Idol WILL get record deals. Thats why some people drop out for so called "personal reasons". They stay on until they know they can make it and thent he show has no more use for them. Just becasue you dont win does not mean you are not gonna get a record deal.

Neutral Milk Hotel
well carrie won and i am mad

Actually I thought she deserved to win. When I was listening to the Idol Cd I thought she had the better recording voice. Don't get me wrong, Bo rocks, but Carrie has the better voice IMO.

Put me in your pocket...
The thing is though...when both Bo and Carrie were on, and in their element...they were both great. They both have alot charm and there own appeal. That being said though...I wish Bo would have won. He had been much more consistent in his songs and performing throughout (actually, there are alot of reasons I like him, but too much to go into)...and Carrie could really sing off tune sometimes and that drove me crazy, but I understand why people liked her as my son did. Of Bo...I would buy the song he sang a capella last week (in a heart beat!)....and I would buy the song Carrie sang as a duet with Rascal the final night.

Rico...don't worry. I think Bo will do just fine. Look at how well Clay has done for himself with being in second place. He won't starve.

As far as the last show goes...I loved the spoof "Bad Judgement" and the dig it was sending to the shabby interview on ABC's "PrimeTime." Seeing Randy record ra 'dawg' song while wearing a cheesy 'Buy my CD' T-shirt and Paula working the sound equipment was fun to see. Loved Randy pulling a book out while stating he just wanted to set the record straight. Shaming oneself for money at it's best.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I Think bo will do more instrumental stuff along with his singing ( since he plays guitar )

Just read that their singles are coming out:

June 14 - Carries single

June 21 - Bo's single

It will be interesting to watch sales, it will be like the finale all over again. I have a feeling Bo will sell more.

So starts another season of Simon. Who will Paula sleep with this season? Will Randy lose more weight? Though the people who win are always the ones I hate, I can't help but tune in each season. I think it is mostly to watch Simon and Paula go at it.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i tend to watch the opening handful of shows to see them narrow it down to the first 30-whatever, and then i stop watching til they have it down to like, 10. cuz honestly i don't want to watch soso singers struggle and suffer in confusion and pain through simon and reality tv stupidity. i wanna watch the real talents rise to the challenge, and so it only gets good for me towards the end.

i feel they made the right choice last time around. basically i was rooting for the three black girls cuz they had the most talent, man. there was one named tamika or tandra or something - i feel she should have been in the top three over diana dagarmo and was ROBBED i say.but i can live with fantasia. (for those who think i'm being un-PC, get over it)

I would do that too, watch the beginning, then the top 10. Last year however I watched the entire thing and had a few chuckles and felt a lot of anger. It is such a soap opera on this show. I love it!

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by gummo
So starts another season of Simon. Who will Paula sleep with this season? Will Randy lose more weight? Though the people who win are always the ones I hate, I can't help but tune in each season. I think it is mostly to watch Simon and Paula go at it.
I'm so glad you bumped this up. I'm tuning in again. So far it's been pretty interesting. I really think this year already has more talent going to hollywood than in the past years.

As far as Paula goes...it was fairy clear that she's trying to stay clean of any type of negative talke when the military guy singing Marvin Gaye asked her to dance. I liked him by the way ....it was kinda funny watching Simon and Randy drag her up there to dance with him.

Originally Posted by gummo
I would do that too, watch the beginning, then the top 10. Last year however I watched the entire thing and had a few chuckles and felt a lot of anger. It is such a soap opera on this show. I love it!
The first 3 years I watched at the beginning...then didn't bother with it until the finally top 10. But last year, I too watch the entire season. And, when I saw some kids in the bottom 3 like Vonzel and Bo...I actually started to vote. This year I'll be voting again.

By the way...did you catch the soap opera with the sparkle tube top gal? She definately didn't suffer from a lack of self-confidence.

Yes hahaha the sparkle tube top girl hehehe. That was great! I also laughed the hardest ever when that guy was holding the long notes and Simon asked where he got his vocal lessons and the guy said from the Paula and Randy DVD. OMG I nearly wet my pants!!! That was the hardest I've laughed in ages. But that tube top gal, wtf was that? Paula didn't even say anything bad about her and she totally went crazy! weird stuff!

Put me in your pocket...

How could I forget about the the guy who seriously took vocal lessons from Paula and Randy's DVD. Poor kid.

I was surprised at how tube top gal went off too. I was expecting to see Simon say something mean to spark it...but their comments were not that nasty...and when she went off about the drink of water Paula offered her...sheez...

Last night, one thing that sticks to my mind is when Simon called that one girls employer and asked for her job back. She was a good sport...taking their comments the way she did..and then playing it up with Simon. Seeing her smile as Simon said something like.."she got three no's...she was appalling...but she's the best salesperson I've ever met. " It was almost a William Hung moment of...Awww. She was sweetie.

thmilin...I'd love to hear your take on this years competitors...so please don't wait too long to get into it. There does seem to be better crop singers this year then in the past seasons.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
muhahah! i am here!

i too nearly died laughing with the bit about the Paula/Randy DVD. the black girl in the ghettofab outfit was our typical "defensive black woman." basically we have a lot of women who either

a) raised by overzealous parents (you are so smart and so beautiful you can do no wrong, even when you have pisspoor grades, bad hygiene, got pregnant young, dropped out of school, and can't chew with your mouth closed)
b) had some rough stuff happen to them so they always assume the world is out to get them.

Either way you can't tell them anything about themselves, good or bad, because they won't listen and will assume all you've got to say is negative and thus the world operates the way they say it does. So of course, she's a fabulous singer, and everyone else is a fool. Thus Paula offering her drink after the girl was busy making excuses about her poor skills (oh my, i'm so hoarse). Called on it and offered something out of genuine kindness, she got high and mighty and was too good to drink from Paula's glass, assuming of course that Paula was being condescending when she wasn't. But, deep down when she's in her bed at night, the anger about it all is really just a reflection of what she knows but won't admit. She sucks.

I've noticed Paula is really subdued! A friend was saying it's clearly cuz of the whole getting it on with a contestand thing. I felt so bad and awkward for her when the guy dragged her into dancing with him. And then to discover he was married! Sick! This is also part of why I don't watch the auditions seriously, and only get focused at the last 10 or so. Everything's so awkward. I can't stand awkward! Ugh.

Now WHAT about that third generation singer, Paris Bennett, grandmother Anne Nesby was in some Christian singing group that Randy was praising? Girl sounded like a baby then went and tore up some Billie Holiday and can I tell you, she, like Fantasia, needs to just quit it with the d@mned soul/R&B and just GET INTO JAZZ. Just stop messing around. Go mess around with some Wynton Marsalis and Dave Coz and stop playin with that radio-ready crap. SERIOUSLY. Just go all out. Would you rather be a diva or a classic that will last through all the decades beyond generations?

ugh. silly girls.