American Idol...you know you are watching!

Tools    

love peace and chicken grease
i love american idol but the only part that i enjoy the most about watching it is the auditions.
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm actually convinced that some of the worst auditioners were paid actors, because there is NO way that people can be as delusional as some of these folks are, and the producers want that "wacky" bad auditions reel.

The entire show is, or has devolved into, a sad "I wanna be famous" freak show worse than The Gong Show back in it's heyday. I just can't watch anymore.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED

My favorite

Mainly because she is hot, but she also has a pretty decent voice.

Also, go look up "Sean Michel" on YouTube and you will see the best pure vocalist on the show this year.

rhymes with Goebbels
Originally Posted by BobbyB

My favorite

Mainly because she is hot, but she also has a pretty decent voice.

Also, go look up "Sean Michel" on YouTube and you will see the best pure vocalist on the show this year.
Hah, she's clearly mentally challenged but she's decent looking.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
bwahahahahah, shirble, that's messed up ...

It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

y'all are right, it's evolved into an "i want to be famous" situation ... but when you get down to the final 20 it gets good. i can't stand the auditions, they're unnecessarily cruel. they mock people who don't deserve mocking, they just want the chance and it's brave to come to some other city, wait forever in a holding pen like animals, get up in front simon cowell, and sing their little hearts out in front of a camera that will use the evidence against them.

Originally Posted by thmilin
bwahahahahah, shirble, that's messed up ...

It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

y'all are right, it's evolved into an "i want to be famous" situation ... but when you get down to the final 20 it gets good. i can't stand the auditions, they're unnecessarily cruel. they mock people who don't deserve mocking, they just want the chance and it's brave to come to some other city, wait forever in a holding pen like animals, get up in front simon cowell, and sing their little hearts out in front of a camera that will use the evidence against them.

Maybe I am evil but the auditions are the best part of the show for me! I mean if these people who can't keep a tune believe they sound good, then they need a wake up call. And if people tell them they sound good and should go and audition, then they need to listen to more music to get an idea of what is good and what is not. The more cruel you are to them the more they will understand that they should never sing again! Well, except for these deluded people who start screaming, "I'll show you guys, I'll be rich and famous...blah blah blah" They just need to be sat down and tortured with listening to themself sing.

The only cruelty I see is when Simon makes fun of someone's appearance. That is the only low blow.

I can never get in to these reality shows, American Idol, Pop Idol, X Factor and so on, The best part is usually the first few audition shows where you see the most talentless idiots that don't have a hope in hell but somehow convince themselves that thay can make it it the music industry after that they are pretty much all the same, They release an album, have a couple of hits and then fade in to obscurity never to be heard of again, Of all the winners of these shows only about 2 or 3 have gone on to have a great career in music, most of the others end up working in McDonalds!! You think people would learn by now that going on these shows might be a quick way up the pop ladder but it's an even quicker way down to being nothing!

Movie Forums Member
I don't know how all of you watch this stuff!! I can only watch once the audition process if over and done with. All these people are completely oblivious to the fact that they have no talent and its just purpetuated by their equally oblivious parental units that are usually as talentless as them... I swear its like watching a train wreck, nails on a chalkboard, or a Ben Stiller movie. It give me a tick!!

You know, I said I wasn't going to watch, but thanks to the website Votefortheworst.com, American Idol has become interesting, even with the really dull contestants they have this year. It's all about keeping that HORRIBLE Indian kid in for as long as possible!!! I want to see him get in the top 4 if not win the whole thing. He's just awful in so many ways...

Well I watch it every now and then to be truthfully honest, and it is really fun. This season is kinda sweet. Jordin Sparks is my favorite. She is outstanding.

Oh BTW......did anyone happen to catch little Sarah? She was so adorable. I was so happy for her. She had such a great time and her American Idol fan friends I'm sure were pissed. LOL.

It's all about keeping that HORRIBLE Indian kid in for as long as possible!!! I want to see him get in the top 4 if not win the whole thing. He's just awful in so many ways...

He so reminds me of Mowgli...

First of all that Sanjaya kid creeps me out!!!! I have nightmares! Second, Blake is the best guy, the beat box thing drives me wild! My prediction is that Melinda will win it! I think she's the best female vocalist and she is so cute

First of all that Sanjaya kid creeps me out!!!! I have nightmares! Second, Blake is the best guy, the beat box thing drives me wild! My prediction is that Melinda will win it! I think she's the best female vocalist and she is so cute
Melinda will win it, but it's hardly fair, since she's actually a professional singer. She used to sing back up for Aaron Neville. Since day one I think it's been set up so she'd win.

She also reminds me of one of those muppet elves from The Dark Crystal.

I don't really like any of the contestants this year, but Blake would have to be my choice. At least he isn't out there singing motown hits every week. lol.

But seriously: Go Sanjaya! Take your lousy, horrible @ss to the finals! heh.

Put me in your pocket...
Up until now I saw Sanjaya as a joke of a contestant with his hairdo as his talent. Last week when he was doing his Constantine type eyes and look into the camera....eeeewwww....he definately moved into the creeping me out catagory.

Melinda will win it, but it's hardly fair, since she's actually a professional singer. She used to sing back up for Aaron Neville. Since day one I think it's been set up so she'd win.
And alot of people thought Chris or Mandissa would win last year at this point...and look what happened. I don't think anything is set up.

I don't have a problem with Melinda being a backup singer. Another backup singer (Brandon?) tried but was voted out early. And, if I remember, there have been alot of singers who have had experience with bands and so on.

It's Martina McBride night tonight. Is anyone still watching? Gummo?

It's Martina McBride night tonight. Is anyone still watching? Gummo?
Of course I'm still watching, I haven't missed a show! I still really like Blake and Melinda. Blake is sexy!

Put me in your pocket...
Of course I'm still watching, I haven't missed a show! I still really like Blake and Melinda. Blake is sexy!
Oh good! My girlfriend really likes Blake too. I like Melinda and Jordin.

Last night...I can't believe I'm saying this, but...it was good to finally see Simon back to speaking his mind. He was dead on with everyone. Including his rebuff to Ryan Seacreast.

Phil surprised me last night. I actually liked him, which is a first. Country suits him better than rock.
And, I loved Jordin and Melinda.

lol, I know what you mean about Simon! I agreed with everything he had to say. Except, I kinda thought Jordin sung really bad in the beginning of the song, then improved near the end. It wasn't a bad performance by any means, but I didn't think it was as good as the judges said it was.

Last night Phil was great! Yes, this is definately his genre. I bet he got the most votes last night.

Blake had another great performance. One thing about him is that he always picks the right song. But I can't wait until he gets another song where he will be able to use his beat boxing again!

Sanjaya...I hope the stage opens up and swallows him some night.

Yesssssssss Sanjaya's gone!!!!!!
FIX! It's a fix!!! LOL. I call shenanigans on this whole thing.

Really. Sanjaya was the only interesting thing about this season. What is the point of watching anymore? We'll all miss our terrible gay Indian friend.