What are your favorite horror movie sequels?

Tools    

It's more like a Sci Fi Horror
It s a scifi action film, it goes in the same genre as the terminator and predator

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Psycho II
Scream 2

I can't think of any other good horror sequels I like right now...

It s a scifi action film, it goes in the same genre as the terminator and predator
Yea true it is more Sci Fi and Action, but got some horror elements in it

GD

I'm not really a fan of sequels but every now and again one is done well enough that I find myself continually subjecting myself to the ever increasing body counts, copycat scenes, and endless calls back to the original film, tropes used tirelessly by these shameful money grabs, hoping that the next one might be a good one. That being said, here are a few that I actually enjoyed as much as or even better than the original film:

Ginger Snaps Back: the Beginning (2004)
Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf (1985)

Howling V: The Re-Birth (1989)

Aliens (1986)
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
28 Weeks Later (2007)
Dawn of the Dead (2004) Technically a remake, I know, but a sequel to another remake, right?

As quoted before Friday the 13th part 3 is in the so bad it's good category with some inventive deaths. Also it's the movie where the iconic mask comes in. As a series I quite like 1 to 8.
Halloween H20 is also one of my most watched sequels.

Friday the 13th parts 2 and 3

Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed is the first that comes to mind.
And it's so wonderfully weird and different from most horrors.

Hellbound: Hellraiser II
I often struggle to explain why I love this movie so much. For a few years I would put it on all the time to watch. It's like it's both bad and good at the same time. I really enjoy some of the imagery, and then at the same time you have a villain spouting terrible one-liners. Some of the others in the series have their moments (and some of them are totally abysmal), but this one I love from beginning to end.

Definitely, The Bride of Frankenstein. It's arguably better than the first movie.
Agreed. And if you get a good quality print it's a visually stunning film.

For my own part I'm also partial to 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Collection (please don't judge me!), and Bride of Re-Animator.

One sequel I'm way overdue to see is The Curse of the Cat People.

I'm not really a fan of sequels but every now and again one is done well enough that I find myself continually subjecting myself to the ever increasing body counts, copycat scenes, and endless calls back to the original film, tropes used tirelessly by these shameful money grabs, hoping that the next one might be a good one. That being said, here are a few that I actually enjoyed as much as or even better than the original film:

Ginger Snaps Back: the Beginning (2004)
Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf (1985)

Howling V: The Re-Birth (1989)

Aliens (1986)
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
28 Weeks Later (2007)
Dawn of the Dead (2004) Technically a remake, I know, but a sequel to another remake, right?
i say again, ALiens is not a horror movie, it s an action scifi film

i say again, ALiens is not a horror movie, it s an action scifi film
While I agree that Aliens is in fact an action/adventure/sci-fi, and it is not listed as horror anywhere that I've found, these movies tried to hard to scare folks for me to ignore the horror elements. So I'll respectfully disagree with your assertion that Aliens is not a horror and continue listing it as such.

A Return To Salem's Lot
Fright Night part 2
The Return Of The Living Dead
Childs Play 3
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2
Hellraiser 3: Hell On Earth
The Exorcist III
Poltergeist II: The Other Side
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

One of my favorite horror films is "Sauna" from Finland.

Sorry if I posted this before.