Coronavirus

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I have not been wearing a mask and unless we’re ordered to I won’t do it. I’m following WHO guidelines.

Went into Walmart first time in awhile and I noticed they are controlling the flow of people. That contemporary French philosophy in my head started making all sorts of connections and it really freaked me out. I got in and out ASAP but to see it at work through self-regulation. Impressive and scary AF.

I have not been wearing a mask and unless we’re ordered to I won’t do it. I’m following WHO guidelines.

Went into Walmart first time in awhile and I noticed they are controlling the flow of people. That contemporary French philosophy in my head started making all sorts of connections and it really freaked me out. I got in and out ASAP but to see it at work through self-regulation. Impressive and scary AF.
You don't know Zotis by any chance do you

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=61514

Wow. I want to say I don't know who to believe anymore - so I guess I'll say that.

The info in the video isn't hard to believe after we found out Cuomo was sending Covid19 patients back to nursing homes that were not equipped or staffed to treat them when the Federal government had provided mobile hospitals, with beds that went unused and an entire hospital ship that was converted mid-mission to accept Covid19 patients that went largely unused - but so many of the patients that could have been treated were sent back to overcrowded nursing homes staffed with unqualified workers to die by the thousands!

Caribbean Netherlands now also gone green overnight

Faeroe Islands - 187 cases, all recovered
New Caledonia - 18 cases, all recovered
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered
Greenland - 11 cases, all recovered
Papua New Guinea - 8 cases, all recovered
Saint Barthélemy - 6 cases, all recovered
Western Sahara - 6 cases, all recovered
Caribbean Netherlands - 6 cases, all recovered
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered
Saint Pierre Miquelon - 1 case, recovered

I was just reading up on the newly proposed HEROS Act and it's good for a laugh. All sorts of nonsense tucked in and a laughable amount of direct relief to citizens. The bill is certain to be DOA.

I just think it's insane that Congress thinks everyone will be OK with another check. People need checks. Not pocket change.

I doubt we will see any new relief bills before June, and I suspect the Republicans are going to do everything possible to not pony up direct payments to citizens. Oddly enough, though, that would be a sure fire way to get Trump and the majority of GOP seats re-elected.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
I was just reading up on the newly proposed HEROS Act and it's good for a laugh. All sorts of nonsense tucked in and a laughable amount of direct relief to citizens. The bill is certain to be DOA.
This. a tremendous amount of pork attached to another anemic payoff, as well as more bizarro world unemployment boosts that give people incentive to not work until next year!

I could only get so far into the bill before I had to close it out in disgust.

Re opioid epidemic: I have a feeling that we are going to see a major reversal of the work that has been done over the last 5 years to fight it.

I have counted my blessings that I have continued working through all this because, if not, I probably would have found myself right back in the throes of my own addiction. And the thing that scares me the most is that street opioids have never been cheaper, which means not even a global recession will scale back the demands for it.

Instead, we are going to have a large number of unemployed and scared addicts/recovering addicts with cheap and easy access to some of the most powerful drugs known to man (fentanyl and carfentanil).

I can only speak for myself, but when I was in the depths of my own hell I tended to overindulge when things were bad (i.e. the less money/work/responsibilities I had the more I seemed to spend on drugs). And now we have a whole new class of citizens for dealers to target: the COVID furloughs.

Mark my words; **** is going to get real bad a year or two from now.

⬆️ Interesting post. There’s so much hell in the world right now - newborns being killed in Kabul this week - that it would drive anyone to drugs. I did so much dumb stuff in the past that I power through all the misery now rather than self-medicate. But I can see why others abuse drugs & alcohol. I’m in the middle of a drug corridor between Boston & NYC so we have it all here. Unfortunately.

Yeah, rural living comes with backbreaking work and backbreaking work comes with the over prescription of opioids. And then over prescription of opioids leads to an influx of drugs. It's one of the reasons my city saw all the gang violence that we did over the last 10 years.

Plus, we're not that far from W.VA and Ohio, and the millions of pills that came out of there had to go somewhere.

Excellent news for Saint Lucia as they've regained their green status

Faeroe Islands - 187 cases, all recovered
New Caledonia - 18 cases, all recovered
Saint Lucia - 18 cases, all recovered
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered
Greenland - 11 cases, all recovered
Papua New Guinea - 8 cases, all recovered
Saint Barthélemy - 6 cases, all recovered
Western Sahara - 6 cases, all recovered
Caribbean Netherlands - 6 cases, all recovered
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered
Saint Pierre Miquelon - 1 case, recovered
The media and others can concentrate all they want on the mortalities, I'd rather celebrate good news.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I'm watching Dr. Oz and they're talking about horrific crimes being committed due to the coronavirus. People killing people for not wearing a mask, a man killing his wife claiming she had coronavirus, which she didn't. The world is becoming Hell.

I'm watching Dr. Oz and they're talking about horrific crimes being committed due to the coronavirus. People killing people for not wearing a mask, a man killing his wife claiming she had coronavirus, which she didn't. The world is becoming Hell.
'Just say no', to Fox news

I don't know if it's been posted about here, but there was a security guard at a store that got murdered for refusing entry to a woman who wasn't wearing a mask. She left then came back with her husband and son and they murdered the guard.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I think a good metric of any news outlet broadcast is how often they raise their voice. My lament has often been there is no "1980's Reagan Republican News outlet".

*Any negative connotations to a 1980's Reagan Republican are not implied or endorsed in this post. All understanding is seen through the lense of Alex P. Keaton.*

There are hundreds of millions of people in this country, and we're definitely going to hear about the worst behavior during and related to the pandemic. Try not to despair too much.

People are dying all over, so I probably shouldn’t complain, but still: I’m currently finally going forward with my education and everything was going well until corona hit. Now everything is pushed back and I’m losing precious time, which won’t be extended in the other end of my education apparently. Soon I will be going back to my workplace instead because I can’t study due to corona and the schools being locked down. It’s ****ing annoying.

At least every one of my family and friends are alive and well and Denmark is doing really well. We are beginning phase 2 of the gradual re-opening of the country, which includes cafes and restaurants (with restrictions of course)

I suspect we will see some new flare ups in Wisconsin in the coming days. Bunch of ****ing idiots. Don’t they know it’s cheaper to drink at home?

I don't know if it's been posted about here, but there was a security guard at a store that got murdered for refusing entry to a woman who wasn't wearing a mask. She left then came back with her husband and son and they murdered the guard.
To think - since they left, they could have just SIMPLY gone home and grabbed a scarf or a bandanna or a rag and tied it around their face and went back... and been allowed into the store with no problem. (In fact I'm going to keep a bandanna in my car for when the elastic strap on my dust mask ultimately breaks!)

I know it's a rhetorical question but... what's wrong with people that they'd go all the way home to get a gun to murder a man who was simply doing his job?