Coronavirus

Tools    

@Yoda, Gonna return to one of my church volunteer gigs at the end of this month. Curious as to whether you & your colleagues wear masks & gloves. Wipe down surfaces, etc. (Mentally preparing a cleaning kit.)

I received a phone call at about 01:00 in the morning, just a while ago, from the public hospital where my mother was re-admitted earlier today with a gangrene, after beeing admitted 10 days ago with the same gangrene, and the doctors basically saying "********** You! You don't have COVID-19, so we won't help you, go back to you nursing home!, and die with a gangrene!".

My mother's surgean doctor, phoned me at 1 in the morning, and only NOW, after the State of Emergency ended in Portugal, she (the doctor) is afraid and wanted me to drive to the hospital to sign an authorization for an amputation, and the doctor said my mother has low chances to survive the operation.

Portugal never had a lack of ventilators or ICU's, during this COVID crisis, but some lazy doctors wanted to "scratch their testicles" (portuguese expression) and just be lazy, using the COVID as an excuse for not treating my mother 10 days ago with a gangrene.

The state of emergency in Portugal ended two days ago, and now those negligent doctors are suddenly afraid to go to jail, for all the negligence they did, these past two months, for letting regular patients die, because "********** you! You don't have Corona Virus, so go ********** yourself an die, literally!"

I've cried a few hours ago after the phone call, when my mom's doctor said she had a low change of surviving the amputation operation on her remaining gangrened leg, my poor mother is blind, one-legged, has diabetes, needs oxygen ventilators, and has kidney failure and so shes also does hemodialisis, but she was tested and is not infected with COVID-19.

My mother can die in the next 24 hours, all because 10 days ago it was forbidden in Portugal for me (her son) to go to her Hospital, and threaten the murderous doctor with criminal charges, for releasing a patient with gangrene.

Therefore I am furious at the homages done by the portuguese police, armed forces, and firemen, while having a band playing our national anthem, in favour of our doctors and medical staff. Because Portugal is not China or Italy and our public health system was never under stress or above it's capacity.

In my country COVID.19 was used as an excuse for the doctors to refuse treating my mother with a gangrene, 10 days ago. This is shameful, and my mom can die today, not because of COVID, but because of negligent lazy doctors of our national public health system:

The portuguese doctors and nurses seen in the video above are clowns, taking credit for beeing lazy, they just scratched their testicles or vagina lips, beeing lazy and letting other sick portuguese patients die. The portuguese state of emergency was a hollyday for the portuguese medical staff and an excuse for doing nothing and letting other non-covid patients die.

I would respect a similar video making a well deserved tribute to the italian or chinese health workers, where in fact, their national health service was overwhelmed and people did die by lack of ventilators. But not in Portugal, where my mother can die tomorrow, because COVID was used as an excuse for sending her back home, 10 days ago.

I accept that most doctors and nursed are good persons, but the rotten ones took advantage of the State of Emergency, for letting non-Covid patients die. sorry if I'm being too emotional.
Not sure what your financial situation is but if I was you... I'd be contacting a lawyer.. this is b/s in every form.

I work for a company that is essential but they aren't doing very much for me who has a compromised immune system. I told my daughter "If I die of this, sue the company I work for". They let others work from home but not the people who really needed to like me!

@Yoda, Gonna return to one of my church volunteer gigs at the end of this month. Curious as to whether you & your colleagues wear masks & gloves. Wipe down surfaces, etc. (Mentally preparing a cleaning kit.)
No, at this point it'd be almost impossible to work together and not get it, so if we were going to do that we'd just continue all working from home.

It’s funny... I’m actually in doubt of whether or not I already had the virus.

The symptoms vary and some have worse than others. And it’s also different what weights in the most. Is it mostly like a cold or fever-like or whatever... So anyways, Denmark had the first people officially contaminated with the virus really early this year. However, it has just been said a few instances already happened in December. And I had what I thought was a huge ass flu late that month. One of the worst I’ve had. And the funny thing is I just had a flu already only a few short months back. So I found it super weird I got another one so soon after. I’m rarely sick. Sometimes it’s not even once a year that I’m really sick. So it was always odd to me... Oh well, I guess I will never know unless it gets relevant for me to get tested.

Also, we here in Denmark should hear more this week about a re-opening of our country. Right now it’s still very much locked down. A few things has opened up but most is still closed down. Excited to see what’s gonna happen next...

Scary thing for me is that when I have felt even slightly under the weather (usually in the morning) I immediately think I have the virus.

Scary thing for me is that when I have felt even slightly under the weather (usually in the morning) I immediately think I have the virus.
That's probably like 90% of the population.

It’s funny... I’m actually in doubt of whether or not I already had the virus.

The symptoms vary and some have worse than others. And it’s also different what weights in the most. Is it mostly like a cold or fever-like or whatever... So anyways, Denmark had the first people officially contaminated with the virus really early this year. However, it has just been said a few instances already happened in December. And I had what I thought was a huge ass flu late that month. One of the worst I’ve had. And the funny thing is I just had a flu already only a few short months back. So I found it super weird I got another one so soon after. I’m rarely sick. Sometimes it’s not even once a year that I’m really sick. So it was always odd to me... Oh well, I guess I will never know unless it gets relevant for me to get tested.

Also, we here in Denmark should hear more this week about a re-opening of our country. Right now it’s still very much locked down. A few things has opened up but most is still closed down. Excited to see what’s gonna happen next...
If it's any consolation, MM, when I had the flu last year I had several small relapses after I'd recovered - sometimes they'd only last a day or two, or the cough & lung pain would come back full force for a few days. Even though I recovered in about 2 weeks, I'd say it took a good 2 to 3 months for my lungs to feel normal again.

I don't know if relapses from a bad flu (or having some symptoms return) is normal, but that was the pattern for me.

We can now travel up to 5k from home as opposed to the 2k which was all we were allowed before. It's like discovering a whole new world

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
We can now travel up to 5k from home as opposed to the 2k which was all we were allowed before. It's like discovering a whole new world

Take my hand, Jasmine, if you want to live. *Waves to my magic carpet and to the great world beyond. Clears my throat in preparation for a song before the T-1000 shows up...*

New Caledonia joins the green team - 18 cases, all of which have reportedly recovered The last one had been marked as serious/critical for a while but thankfully finally appears to have beaten the virus off.

We appear to be entering a new phase in these crazy times. Ready or not, America is opening up. Some of the smarty pants guys I listen to say the virus is still out there waiting to go exponential again. Others are betting that heat can drive the new cases per day number way down. We're at about 25,000 new cases a day now. These next 2 to 3 weeks may determine how the rest of the year goes for us. It's gonna be fascinating to see how it plays out. If we have 100,000 cases a day by July like some have predicted, does the US go back on lockdown during summer? I don't know.

I bet we’ll be in lockdown again come the fall.

Dumb-asses in local convenience store yesterday. Manager: no mask. While I’m paying for my purchases manager has a chat right next to me with 2 or 3 customers. All without masks. Unbelievable.

Heat doesn't appear to be working so great at stalling the virus for countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar or UAE atm.

A system of cells interlinked
Belgium getting absolutely hammered by this thing, and is by far in the worst shape as far as deaths are concerned per capita. What's going on over there?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I bet we’ll be in lockdown again come the fall.

Dumb-asses in local convenience store yesterday. Manager: no mask. While I’m paying for my purchases manager has a chat right next to me with 2 or 3 customers. All without masks. Unbelievable.
I guess they figure they're safe so long as everybody else wears one. Stupid really.

The Faeroe Islands finally managed to turn green overnight - easily the place with the largest number of cases to do so thus far ..... 187 cases, all recovered