Coronavirus

Tools    

I dont wanna comment but I still think the recovery number being ahead of death number is a good thing. Swine Flu Killed 12,000 and I have checked that number 14 times. But wonder why Swine flu wasnt more talked about in 2009

Tick season is kicking, got a couple on me yesterday. It's like we're not safe anywhere.
Sad thing is a person could survive this thing and run down crossing a street by someone running a red light. Life is a harder thing then people think and i really think lucky pays into all peoples lives

Very good chart illustrating the different death trajectories with lines to show what kind of trajectory is required to double every day, or two, or three, etc:

Im Sorry but guessing who will die next or how many is a society based on numbers caring less about people dying. Sad to say all the deaths in the USA and over seas will be used in political games over helping to end this thing. I think there stat is ignoring the bottum number of people recovering is still ahead each day and really its about even. Also no one is talking about the biggest number and thats yes people have it but those people are still alive. people need not write off and assume the worst
I say people need be praying more then bleeding into charts right now/

I have a cousin (former Merchant Marine & world traveler) who is now stuck in India.
He was supposed to get a flight back to the U.S. today, but it was canceled. All I know is he's staying at an "Airbnb."
He may be stuck quite a while as he was supposed to return to New York (and, if so, would probably have been quarentined for a couple weeks), but his current home is in Florida, so he might have been banned from returning there from NY & India.
It could conceivably be months before he sees his residence, kids or relatives again.

To make matters worse, we just found out he lost his cell phone - but was able to contact his sister somehow.

Why he wanted to go to India is beyond me (as far as I know, this was a trip for pleasure, not business or out of necessity).
Of all the countries to get trapped in right now, India is one of the last places I'd want to be.
Obviously, his timing was poor - but I guess no one saw this coming.

I just been wondering if anyone in this whole world that dont know about the Covid 19 outbreak and A part of me wonders if people should not know about the virus at all. I know it is a virus killer but part of me would been just as fine not knowing if this was a global end of days deal. Id like live last weeks days or hours in peace.

Im Sorry but guessing who will die next or how many is a society based on numbers caring less about people dying.
This isn't true at all. First, it's not a guess: it's very simple math. Second, it's made specifically by people who care about the people dying. It exists to demonstrate the risks in hopes of minimizing death. And it helps a lot more than complaining about people being rude on the phone or pontificating endlessly about What This Says About Us.

I say people need be praying more then bleeding into charts right now/
Ever hear Saint Augustine's saying that we should "pray as if everything depended on God, but work as if everything depended on [us]"? That would seem to apply here. This is not either-or.

I agree with Yoda about the numbers thing in relation to caring about people dying or not. I am not that great at math, but I love statistics and its a good thing we have calculators. When I was in the Army I ran a lot of numbers to include the status of a soldier during the Gulf War. From emergency leave to death by friendly fire I had to keep track of everyone in our Battalion and those attached to us. The numbers were important for many reasons which included readiness, but it also gave me a perspective on the things I was a part of and actually made me think about it all more which in turn made me "care" quite a lot.

I do get the sentiment N.S. is mentioning and seeing the numbers on the TV screen and people like Hillary making totally callous remarks about it all are not in the majority. At least that is not the feeling I get.

Sorry If come off cold about the whole death part. Im just trying to be optimistic that the recovery numbers is a good thing too. But worst part is whole thing likely could have been more under control. Id like to have hope that is all that world can be it if believe in mother nature or God or whatever devine being . That some how this world will always sets its self right. I wish had better words in a crisis as to why this happened. I'll Just do this
Dear Lord I prey for all those who have loved ones who have this virus or lost any. Dear lord heal the sick and end this killer virus. Also dear lord give comfort and love to all those in grief. Amen and bless all the MOFO people.

I get it, it's frustrating to hear all this talk abstracted. It's a serious and personal thing that we have to be cold and calculating about to minimize. Tough to do, just as people.

Appreciate the thoughts, Ned.

Id like to have hope that is all that world can be it if believe in mother nature or God or whatever devine being.
If prayer helps you, that's wonderful. Keep doing it. But please cut out this "everybody needs to pray" and "this is the fault of non-believers" rhetoric. It's insulting and doesn't really help anybody.

But worst part is whole thing likely could have been more under control.
Yes, it could have. But it wasn't. So we have to deal with the reality of what's happening now and not dwell on what could have been. But maybe do keep it in mind come in election time.

Ned and Yoda, I appreciate both of your guys input.

I appreciate Yoda's factual information which helps me wrap my head around this pandemic and I can see from the charts and stats that he post and from his analytical abilities, that there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

I appreciate Ned's stream of consciousness post as he gives me insight into the fears and the hopes of many people who are trying to deal with the pandemic. That's something I wouldn't have access to otherwise.

Both of you guys have very different posting styles, but both of you have good intentions. I think there's room for all types of post and not all post will interest all people. But so far this thread has been helpful to me.

If prayer helps you, that's wonderful. Keep doing it. But please cut out this "everybody needs to pray" and "this is the fault of non-believers" rhetoric. It's insulting and doesn't really help anybody.

Yes, it could have. But it wasn't. So we have to deal with the reality of what's happening now and not dwell on what could have been. But maybe do keep it in mind come in election time.
Thats fine if its what you believe in. Some believe in God other believe like the Native American in many spirits or ancestors. Weither a person believes in one being or just luck. I just think positive attitude and belief in a better outcome is all wish for anyone. I know many people who lost faith so your stance doesnt bother me. I just wont shove it on anyone anymore.

Sorry If come off cold about the whole death part. Im just trying to be optimistic that the recovery numbers is a good thing too. But worst part is whole thing likely could have been more under control. Id like to have hope that is all that world can be it if believe in mother nature or God or whatever devine being . That some how this world will always sets its self right. I wish had better words in a crisis as to why this happened. I'll Just do this
Dear Lord I prey for all those who have loved ones who have this virus or lost any. Dear lord heal the sick and end this killer virus. Also dear lord give comfort and love to all those in grief. Amen and bless all the MOFO people.
I do not think you come off as cold I just wanted to give my stance on it all, and you go ahead and pray all you like. I thank you for the kind words and your thoughts.

Im not as positive at the moment WV had its first Death today and 88 year old women. And Im hearing lots of people from New York want to come south to Florida. Its in all 50 states and so its not really gonna help flooding people from N.Y. It will just bring more virus to states who has lesser cases