New "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie in the works

Tools    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-works-1121467

"The heroes in a half shell are coming back for more pizza.

Paramount is developing a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and has hired Andrew Dodge, the writer behind the Jason Bateman comedy Bad Words, to pen the script.

Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller will produce the feature via their Platinum Dunes banner. The company was behind the studio’s horror hit A Quiet Place.

Paramount has made two Ninja Turtles movies based on the 1980s cult comic by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird that spawned a pop cultural phenomenon in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The first movie, released in 2014, grossed $493 million worldwide while 2016’s installment, subtitled Out of the Shadows, showed the limits of the franchise with $245 million. Neither were hits with critics.

However, both were made before the arrival of chairman Jim Gianopulos, who has made it a priority to clean up the studio’s slate and refocus its franchises. Insiders are hoping to bring a patina of quality as they relaunch the franchise."

Not going to be excited until the get writers and directors who get and understand what the fans want in a Turtles movie and it sure wasnt to be a Megan Fox vehicle film. Bryce Dallas Howard as April O Neill must happen and Sebastan Stan and Casey Jones and Jackie Chan as Master Splinter.

Eh. I'd love to see costume throwbacks done really well, but I'll take all CGI over just the turtles being CGI, I guess? Unless we're talking like Gollum, POTA-remake-levels of detail.