Note from Yoda's Wife

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Man, I hope all is well. If he loses a finger we are gunna have to deal with a lot of typos from missed keystrokes. 😅

Here’s to a speedy recovery.

New press release:

Yoda is doing quite well. All the doctors and nurses seem totally chill about what has happened and how things look. There seems to be no bone damage, no tendon damage, and no nerve damage. Pain goes off and on, but mostly not that bad (for a nasty bite). Estimates to being normal range from 1-2 weeks. Mostly concerned about infection, but we're monitoring that and it seems like it will likely just make things feel bad for longer and not cause real damage. He should be able to start poke typing in a couple days.

The background: we were walking our dog, Ike (see Austruck's concise and accurate description) in the neighborhood. We were on the lookout for neighbor dog, but didn't realize he was out in his yard. He got out of the yard and came straight towards us. He wouldn't listen to me yelling at him to go home. Yoda had his hands on Ike's collar and was trying to pull him along. Not really clear what all happened, but we think neighbor dog bit by accident. He was pretty calm and nice afterwards, actually. He seems totally up-to-date on all his shots. He is being quarantined for a while, to make sure no rabies, but he showed absolutely no signs of that and it seems astronomically unlikely. Chris had tetanus shot. Ike is also fine and seems like he came away with a light scratch on his face. Basically, everyone is totally fine, except Chris.

INJURY DESCRIPTION LIST - LOOK AWAY IF SUPER SQUEAMISH. There’s a long straight bite on top of and below of Chris’ right index. There’s a small wound, basically a hole, from where the doctor said that the dog’s tooth probably punctured Chris’ hand bone (which sounds cool, but apparently is of no concern). And then, somehow, the fingernail on the left ring finger was completely ripped off. A few other minor scrapes.

Thank you everyone for concern and thoughts, but it’s looking promising.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Mother of God, 2 posts in 24 hours!

How did I miss this thread? What a nasty thing. I wish a speedy recovery and no long term problems for the wise ol’ Yodes. I just wrote him today to tell him he should fix the damn mobile version because I can’t see the tabs on my profile page. No hurries, no worries. It’s all good.

You gonna ride right through this Yodes! This, you got.

Sorry to read of this. Can only join with the others in wishing for a speedy return and not major longterm issues with the hand. All the best, Yoda.

I bet you his "ban" finger isn't broken or injuried...

I do wish you the best Chris!

New press release:

Yoda is doing quite well. All the doctors and nurses seem totally chill about what has happened and how things look. There seems to be no bone damage, no tendon damage, and no nerve damage. Pain goes off and on, but mostly not that bad (for a nasty bite). Estimates to being normal range from 1-2 weeks. Mostly concerned about infection, but we're monitoring that and it seems like it will likely just make things feel bad for longer and not cause real damage. He should be able to start poke typing in a couple days.

The background: we were walking our dog, Ike (see Austruck's concise and accurate description) in the neighborhood. We were on the lookout for neighbor dog, but didn't realize he was out in his yard. He got out of the yard and came straight towards us. He wouldn't listen to me yelling at him to go home. Yoda had his hands on Ike's collar and was trying to pull him along. Not really clear what all happened, but we think neighbor dog bit by accident. He was pretty calm and nice afterwards, actually. He seems totally up-to-date on all his shots. He is being quarantined for a while, to make sure no rabies, but he showed absolutely no signs of that and it seems astronomically unlikely. Chris had tetanus shot. Ike is also fine and seems like he came away with a light scratch on his face. Basically, everyone is totally fine, except Chris.

INJURY DESCRIPTION LIST - LOOK AWAY IF SUPER SQUEAMISH. There’s a long straight bite on top of and below of Chris’ right index. There’s a small wound, basically a hole, from where the doctor said that the dog’s tooth probably punctured Chris’ hand bone (which sounds cool, but apparently is of no concern). And then, somehow, the fingernail on the left ring finger was completely ripped off. A few other minor scrapes.

Thank you everyone for concern and thoughts, but it’s looking promising.
Just curious as to what kind of dog bit him and what kind of dog Ike is.

Glad to hear it doesn't sound overly problematic (no fingers, or parts thereof, bitten completely off, no tendon/nerve damage etc.) Also good to hear that you won't need to make any adjustments to his diet after all

Pepper Spray, anybody who walks where a neighbor's or stray dog might attack should consider carrying pepper spray.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Just curious as to what kind of dog bit him and what kind of dog Ike is.
Since it's unfair to expect three posts from IrishSansRed in the same calendar year, I'll chime in. Ike is a mix of pit bull and something else quite charming. He's a very emotionally needy, adorable dog who just eagerly runs roughshod over me with doggy kisses whenever I enter their house. He has never seemed like the type to provoke, but then again, I'm not a dog.

Unclear what type of dog attacked. I assume it wasn't, like, a Pomeranian.

Hope he recovers soon. Send him my best wishes, please.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Since it's unfair to expect three posts from IrishSansRed in the same calendar year, I'll chime in. Ike is a mix of pit bull and something else quite charming. He's a very emotionally needy, adorable dog who just eagerly runs roughshod over me with doggy kisses whenever I enter their house. He has never seemed like the type to provoke, but then again, I'm not a dog.

Unclear what type of dog attacked. I assume it wasn't, like, a Pomeranian.

So Yoda attacked by Pokemon. Gottit. Poor puppet =/