Most movies watched in a single day?

Tools    

The title pretty much says it all. How many movies did you watch on your most prolific day? Until about a month ago my record had remained at 7 for sometime. However, I managed to watch a bunch of old, shorter films (most around 70 minutes - stuff like The Most Dangerous Game and The Old Dark House) in about a 20 hour period for a One Day Grand Total of 14! I don't expect anybody to believe I actually watched that many movies in a single day - I don't think I'd believe it, either, had I not actually done it.

So, what's your record?

I'm pretty sure mine's five. I've done it a few times, including once at the cinema. They showed Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, True Romance and Jackie Brown one after the other. Ran till 6am.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't recall although I do remember the most I watched in a year since they were numbered and it's easier to look at the ending of a list than to count up the ones somewhere in the middle of a list. My annual high is 1,763, and I was going to college full-time and there was no such thing as cable or personal copies of movies at the time. Yes, I graduated in four years.

5 - this was during a stage of grief though, I spent a whole week or two just sitting and watching films all day while my parents sorted out important things after my Grandpa had died.

Outside of that, usually 2 is my max.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I'd say about 4, but that was when I had nothing better to do. Now I'm lucky if I can get past 2 movies without getting distracted by something else.

I don't recall although I do remember the most I watched in a year since they were numbered and it's easier to look at the ending of a list than to count up the ones somewhere in the middle of a list. My annual high is 1,763, and I was going to college full-time and there was no such thing as cable or personal copies of movies at the time. Yes, I graduated in four years.
That is a mentally high number of films, mark. You're one of the (very) few people I'd believe seeing that many. Not only that, but I didn't doubt it for a second.

That is a mentally high number of films, mark. You're one of the (very) few people I'd believe seeing that many. Not only that, but I didn't doubt it for a second.
I could believe his number. I find five movies a day to be a manageable figure.

Semper Fooey
I dunno. I've done five easy, but not lately.

When I received my Edison films, I watched the entire collection the next day. That was a total of 10 hours but I believe over 200+ films. So I'll say 200+.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Movies probably no more than 3-4 in one day.

Tried to watch Lord of the Rings Extended(10.5 ish hours) but failed miserably.

However a couple of times I have watched a full box set of 24 over my 2 days off. Like 8 hours per day over both days.

I think it was 3: the extended editions of LOTR, watched with some friends last year. It was fun, but I'm not going to do it again. I can't sit still for long periods of time, so by the end of it, I really wanted it to end.

I can't imagine watching 5 films in one day, let alone 14. 1,763 films in one year beggars belief, Mark. My annual high stands at 351 and that was when I spent over half a year in Sheffield, doing nothing but partying during the night, sleeping and watching films during the day (and the odd class). 1,763. Jesus. I don't think I watch that many in 5 years.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Besides going to college full-time and watching movies there, my neighbors needed a babysitter to watch their kids from about 11PM to 4AM several nights a week. Needless to say, I watched lots of old movies in the middle of the night and didn't sleep very much that calendar year.

I can't imagine watching 5 films in one day, let alone 14.
I wanted it to end, too. Here's how it went:

1. The Social Network. A+. 120 Minutes
2. I Spit On Your Grave. B+. 101 Minutes
3. XXY. B+. 86 Minutes
4. The New Daughter. B. 108 Minutes
5. The Old Dark House. B-. 72 Minutes
6. The Most Dangerous Game. A-. 63 Minutes
7. The Amazing Transparent Man. B-. 57 Minutes
8. Rumble Fish. B. 94 Minutes
9. A Bucket of Blood. A. 66 Minutes
10. Dracula. A. 75 Minutes
11. Death Race 2000. B+. 80 Minutes
12. Hard Rain. B. 97 Minutes
13. Shoot 'Em Up. B. 86 Minutes
14. Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey). B+. 97 Minutes

Total: 14 Movies and 1202 Minutes/20 Hours

I'm pretty sure mine's 6, but this is when I discovered Netflix for the first time and went a bit crazy that first week. I'm sure I got over about 25 before the week was over.

4 in a day.

Just a girl who loves movies
I don't think more than 3 or 4. But I am usually watching TV series and can watch an entire season sometimes. But I really need to be bored out of my minds and maybe sick in bed, so that I don't work on my computer ...

The title pretty much says it all. How many movies did you watch on your most prolific day? Until about a month ago my record had remained at 7 for sometime. However, I managed to watch a bunch of old, shorter films (most around 70 minutes - stuff like The Most Dangerous Game and The Old Dark House) in about a 20 hour period for a One Day Grand Total of 14! I don't expect anybody to believe I actually watched that many movies in a single day - I don't think I'd believe it, either, had I not actually done it.

So, what's your record?
Although your total is impressive, watching movies of B-movie length constitutes a significant qualifier. My one-day high is ten, all feature-length.