Hobbies outside of film watching

Tools    

Sudoku Blackbelt
Can you recommend a website where I can find some good model kits? Nobody sells them in stores around here anymore and I'd love to put one together

This link:

http://www.finescale.com/

is a modelling forum, but there's a kazillion links to different sites to order from.

This link:

http://www.finescale.com/en/Products...20Reviews.aspx

is a directory for what what type of model you're looking for. (boats, cars, sci fi, war, etc)

This link:

http://www.hobbyretailer.com/Advanced.aspx

finds hobby stores closest to you. You're right, there aren't a whole of them left.

Other than watching movies I enjoy writing up reviews on them.

Outside of movies, I make scenery for wargames (and occasionally trainsets) and have even sold some of my work for £100+.

Quite good at playing pool too, I play for my county and have captained a few teams and have run several leagues too.

Piccy below is just an example of my model scenery work, it's a display board for wargame models.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polystyrene14.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	8449  

Fishing, hiking, reading. I used to fly Cessna, twin-engine prop planes. It became too expensive.

Butterflies Forever
Hi,

Work keeps me busy most of time. However when I am not working my hobbies are. collecting antiques. I also love playing Poker. Is that a hobby or a sport? lol

Sami

Photography - mostly old architecture(psychiatric hospitals are a favourite subject of mine)
Reading - Love books, mostly non fiction
Art/Painting
Cycling - my main mode of 'transport'
Travelling - especially endlessly walking/exploring
Astronomy/Astrophotography - amateur...
Gardening - 'renovating' the old shed in the garden and making it into a nice potting shed this summer

and some more stuff.

Photography - mostly old architecture(psychiatric hospitals are a favourite subject of mine)
Love Photography love to see some of your pictures sometime I have worked in a few old Psychiatric Hospitals

I have worked in a few old Psychiatric Hospitals
Oo what were the names if you don't mind mentioning them, and what did you do?

One reason I'm interested in psychiatric hospitals is because my Mum use to tell me all about them and what the patients were like when I was younger, she worked in 'mental institutions' and hospitals for the subnormal during the 60s and 70s.

Did you watch Bedlam?
I didn't. Can't stand Will Young.

One reason I'm interested in psychiatric hospitals is because my Mum use to tell me all about them and what the patients were like when I was younger, she worked in 'mental institutions' and hospitals for the subnormal during the 60s and 70s.
I worked or was assosiated with these 3 hospitals in the 70's and 8o's

Callan Park at Rozelle, now closed

Gladesville Hospital, closed now

North Ryde Psychiatric Hospital (now Macquarie Hosp)

I am a Mental Health Nurse, I did my training at North Ryde

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Aah Nebbit, that explains your patience and kindness. I'll be the tall guy with the broom standing in the corner and looking out the window

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
My fiance & I have a small t-shirt company. Our designs are inspired by all things pop culture, mostly movies and TV shows. We've been featured at RIPTApparel and TeeFury

My fiance & I have a small t-shirt company. Our designs are inspired by all things pop culture, mostly movies and TV shows. We've been featured at RIPTApparel and TeeFury
That's nice. I'm all fianceed out. Call it a case of the runaway groom

History