Coming of Age films list/recommendations

Tools    

http://www.imdb.com/list/d-t8fc4UMgw/

Above is the link to my list of coming of age films. I've seen 'em all, and love most of them. I'd greatly appreciate recommendations, as well as offer recommendations to anybody with a similar preference for this great movie theme.

Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Super 8, and The Outsiders are all great choices. I would recommend American Graffiti as well.

Breaking Away (1979, Peter Yates)
The Flamingo Kid (1984, Garry Marshall)
Rushmore (1998, Wes Anderson)
The Graduate (1967, Mike Nichols)
My Bodyguard (1980, Tony Bill)
Diner (1982, Barry Levinson)
The Last Picture Show (1971, Peter Bogdanovich)
Summer of '42 (1971, Robert Mulligan)
Mischief (1985, Mel Damski)
Lucas (1986, David Seltzer)
The Chocolate War (1988, Keith Gordon)
Heaven Help Us (1985, Michael Dinner)

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCqHzjFr3dc
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsdvhJTqLak
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGZZ-CLphCI
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_86PDoqvoI
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phXMs5yn76Y
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrtQAibsNA&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL23282996A0332BCA

For starters. But I mean, Teen Wolf? Really?!?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
No American Graffiti?

This is not as well known, but it is pretty good and look who directed it.

[Teen Wolf is] a coming of age film according to IMDb
Oh, it fits the criteria, technically. I'm just amazed that you like and have seen a movie as lame as Teen Wolf but haven't seen Rushmore or Breaking Away or The Graduate or any of four dozen better movies.

Oh, it fits the criteria, technically. I'm just amazed that you like and have seen a movie as lame as Teen Wolf but haven't seen Rushmore or Breaking Away or The Graduate any of four dozen better movies.
Look at my name and you'll see why.

Great list Kitsch. A few suggestions with at least one character in the film coming of age:

The effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds
Blue Car
Empire of the Sun
The Squid and the Whale
An Education
The Year my voice broke
Whip it
Boyz N the hood
Outside Providence
Persepolis
Gregory's girl
White Oleander
Show me Love
Forbidden Games
The Chosen
Fish Tank
Is anyone there?
The Wackiness
I capture the Castle
The Slums of Beverly Hills
Win Win

A system of cells interlinked
Breaking Away for me. They used to run it constantly on American Super Channel and HBO once that emerged. I feel like I grew up with these guys. I hadn't seen the flick for a good 20 years or so before I arrived on MoFo, and Holden reminded me of the movie.

I think it's time to watch it again...

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Breaking Away for me. They used to run it constantly on American Super Channel and HBO once that emerged. I feel like I grew up with these guys. I hadn't seen the flick for a good 20 years or so before I arrived on MoFo, and Holden reminded me of the movie.

I think it's time to watch it again...
Agree wholeheartedly..the story of the Cutters is excellent.

I'll always have a soft spot for

Little Darlings (1980)

A system of cells interlinked
Another great flick. I think us 70s people have a soft spot for all the flicks like this. I even like The Bad News Bears. I think I liked Kristie a bit more than Tatum, and I blame The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia...

Now that's a tough flick to track down on disc....Probably have to catch that online somewhere....

I'll go for:
Bonjour Tristesse

Another Country

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

Splendor in the Grass

The Lion King

The Little Mermaid

Fame