My take on super hero movies

Tools    

Batman Begins was far, far better than The Dark Knight. The Iron Man movies were stupid (should have stopped after the first). I shudder at the thought of watching The Green Lantern or any of the other recent super hero movies, considering that those which I have seen have been ridiculous. X-Men 3 sucked, so did Wolverine. Same with Jonah Hex and The Punisher: War Zone, and The Hulk, and Hancock, and The Fantastic Four (especially sequel), and just about every other superhero movie to have been released since Spider-Man 2. To think that a movie called "Hellboy" is one of the best in a genre definitely does not say much about the genre.

When shall Hollywood call it quits? The intellect of each film-maker decreases tenfold with each successive piece of that mindless, non-entertaining, mind-zapping, ennui-inducing, billion-dollar-making crap.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Batman Begins was far, far better than The Dark Knight. The Iron Man movies were stupid (should have stopped after the first). I shudder at the thought of watching The Green Lantern or any of the other recent super hero movies, considering that those which I have seen have been ridiculous. X-Men 3 sucked, so did Wolverine. Same with Jonah Hex and The Punisher: War Zone, and The Hulk, and Hancock, and The Fantastic Four (especially sequel), and just about every other superhero movie to have been released since Spider-Man 2. To think that a movie called "Hellboy" is one of the best in a genre definitely does not say much about the genre.

When shall Hollywood call it quits? The intellect of each film-maker decreases tenfold with each successive piece of that mindless, non-entertaining, mind-zapping, ennui-inducing, billion-dollar-making crap.

But in all honestly I agree with you on X3, I wish they had more of a story to Juggernaut and I wish his connection to Professor X could have been explored, I felt they just brought Juggernaut into the storyline just for the sake of having him. And don't get me started on Wolverine...

While I do love The Dark Knight, I agree Batman Begins was far better. As for the other comic based movies I think they are ok and ejoyable but I don't watch them with high expectations.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
No, people who know that they are going to get angry responses and actively seek them are though. I dunno, maybe I read it wrong, but that's just how it seemed to me. If i am wrong, I fully apologize.

It's fair to wonder about trolling, at least, since very few reasons are given for any of these opinions. If you hate something you know most people like, it's customary to explain why, no?

Also, unless your opinion about all these superhero films form some kind of consistent, unifying theory or problem with the whole genre, why not post about each one in their existing threads, so there's some room to go through what you don't like about each?

For the record, I have no issue with someone saying they like Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight. I think it's quite a bit much to say it's much, much better, but the argument for it being better is a solid one. My general opinion is that BB is better in a vacuum, but TDK wins when you take the difficulty score into account.

Why do I dislike these films? They are goofy. There is no substance to them, nothing other than, as I said in my OP, "mindless, non-entertaining, mind-zapping, ennui-inducing, billion-dollar-making crap."

That's not really telling us why, though. That's like saying you dislike a film because it's "bad." Why are they goofy? How could they have more substance to them? More importantly, which ones fit under which category, and why? Which films are "these films"--every superhero film other than the two most recent Batmans?

There's not a whole lot of discussion to be had without specifics, in other words.

Semper Fooey
They goofy because the heroes wear goofy costumes with capes, and there are no superheroes in this world to save the day. Neither Supe or Bats lifted a finger to stop Bin Laden.

They won't stop because they make the money whether you enjoy them or not. You listed some bad ones i'll admit that, but thats the case for every other type of movie out there, we take the good with the bad.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Blade
The Punisher
Batman 1989
Batman Returns
Xmen
Xmen 2
xmen first class

there are alot of good superhero movies out there, some great.

Batman Begins was boring.
the dark knight is the best in this Genre of comic book movies , But he's still comic book movie, based on comic book.
I actually think Spider-Man 2 is the best comic book movie because it's a movie that actually feels like it's based on a comic book. The Dark Knight is a denser tighter film, but Spider-Man 2 actually feels like a comic book brought to life.

My 2 cents.

I dislike this thread because most of the opinions in it suck.
I dislike your opinion because it sucks.

I swear, that was a joke that I couldn't resist! Don't get mad at me!

To the original post, ar you saying that Kenneth Branagh's intelect has decreased because he directed Thor?

Semper Fooey
I dislike your opinion because it sucks.

I swear, that was a joke that I couldn't resist! Don't get mad at me!

To the original post, ar you saying that Kenneth Branagh's intelect has decreased because he directed Thor?
He dumbed down when he made Frankenstein.