The Godfather Trilogy

Tools    

I finally watched the Godfather trilogy from first to last over a three day period. They were nine surprisingly entertaining hours, during which time I found the I enjoy the Godfather far more than I remembered. I was, however, disappointed by the second film, which I would rank below the third. Part II felt choppy, only part of which was caused by the decision to alternate between a young Vito and an older Michael, something which I felt could have been far more engaging had they been made into separate movies. Another problem I had with the second was the setting: I don't like Las Vegas or Cuba, but I love New York, another factor which most likely biased me to a liking a Part III.

Semper Fooey
Maybe you want to look at the edited version that put the young Vito in the first part of the movie, then came the first Godfather movie, and tha last part was the rest of Godfather II with the older Michael in Vegas. This was shown for years on television.

Maybe you want to look at the edited version that put the young Vito in the first part of the movie, then came the first Godfather movie, and tha last part was the rest of Godfather II with the older Michael in Vegas. This was shown for years on television.
But, according to wikipedia, you can't get it on DVD. I'm not going to watch the movies over again next time they come on TV, at least not for a few more years.

I've been trying to find that clip on Youtube for years! One of the best Family Guy scenes, made all the more funny having actually watched the movie.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The second is my favourite. It had a more gritty approach than the first, and I thought Pacino was much better than he was in the first Godfather. But I love them all, even the derided threequel.