Modern Italian Horror

Tools    

I am fairly well acquainted with Italian genre cinema of the '70s and '80s (horror, giallo, poliziotteschi), but not so much for the last twenty years. I've seen two excellent horror films from the 2000s: I'm Not Scared and The Unknown Woman. Unfortunately, I do not even know where to learn about new foreign films. For the classics (non horror), I just look through the Criterion Collection catalog, but what about new ones? I would be much obliged for information regarding either the titles of modern Italian films or at least a website - besides IMDb - for learning of them. Maybe an Italian website with an English language option. Thanks.

Dario Argento has gone in a downwards spiral lately, really from The Card Player, if you haven't, check out anything before this film and you shouldn't be that disappointed with the later releases. Hope he picks up for his new film Dracula 3D...

Italy has been really slow with their Horror/Thriller output lately, so can't really think of any Horror films that stick out from Italy apart from the one you have already mentioned I'm Not Scared. Not like other countries anyway.

Things I have seen coming out look absolutely rubbish. I think Italy has had its time in Horror.