Katrina Took My House

Tools    

I live in Kenner, LA which is a few minutes from downtown new orleans. I was trapped inside a hospital and they rationed WATER to us and told us if we used it all we get no more. Same with food. I was starving by day 2. They took us out by boat and we were under marshal law so we could only go where they told us. My house is ****ED UP and looks like a pile of junk. this is a two story house we are speaking of. we took all our **** and now we are driving to DC.

Schools are closed until december 1st. No power or water until Novemeber. Downtown will take longer. Real estate value is down forever in new orleans. AND new orleans...my city..my hometown will never be the same.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I'm so sorry. That's all I can think of to say.

The People's Republic of Clogher
That's awful mate. I'm thinking of you.

i've seen the horrible pictures....and i'm so very sorry...

i can't believe that things like this still happen...especially in a great land that is america...

hope that you eventually get the best of everything and i wish you the best of luck....

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
Man, I've been whatching this all day, since I woke up. It's anarki over there. Sorry for what happend to you man, and I hope you get things fixed up as soon as possible. Keep your chin up.

Glad you're ok eq.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I'm sorry to hear about your house but I'm glad you're ok, Eq. I hope things work out.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

My life isn't written very well.
I am sincerely sorry to hear about your house, your loss. There is nothing more I can convey...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
I live in Kenner, LA which is a few minutes from downtown new orleans. I was trapped inside a hospital and they rationed WATER to us and told us if we used it all we get no more. Same with food. I was starving by day 2. They took us out by boat and we were under marshal law so we could only go where they told us. My house is ****ED UP and looks like a pile of junk. this is a two story house we are speaking of. we took all our **** and now we are driving to DC.

Schools are closed until december 1st. No power or water until Novemeber. Downtown will take longer. Real estate value is down forever in new orleans. AND new orleans...my city..my hometown will never be the same.

If you need a hand, let me know, just don't spend it all on beer and pizza, brother.

Thanks guys. I mean a house is just a house.

I really REALLY could have died along with my family. Loiterally we were running out of food and water (my bro and sis ran out first so i gave them my portions) we were told that theres enoiugh food for 50 people for 2 days (the hospital had 200 people and expected to be there for 5 days). Not to mention the RIOT that broke out and the 3 police guards getting ramapaged.

So yeah, as long as I'm alive, I'm golden. And also as long as people like you guys at mofo cared to inquire as to where i was and how i was doing really takes away alot of the pain.

BTW, new orleans is currently burning to the ground.

A system of cells interlinked
Damn dude, terrible news. Just glad you and yours are ok!

Keep on keepin on, man....

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Thanks guys. I mean a house is just a house.

I really REALLY could have died along with my family.
It sounds like you have a handle on it...emotionally I mean.

Take care of yourself, man.

Now if only Caity would send us a message somehow.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Put me in your pocket...
I'm terribly sorry to hear what you all went through and what you've lost. Good luck to you and your family Equilibrium and take care.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
That's terrible news EQ, but you seem to have the right attitude to deal with it.
Unfortunately, its only the start of a long recovery, but things will get better.
I'm glad you and your family are ok, your health is the most important thing just now, it still must have been devastating to see your family home reduced to rubble, I'm so sorry for all the devastation and suffering you are currently going through.
Keep strong, you're in my thoughts.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

hey man im really sorry for what happened but its good that you have the right attitude and i think your brother and sister should be happy that have a bro as good as you

history *is* moralizing
really sorry to hear that bro. like taxi driver says, you've got the right attitude, and that's what's important now.
courage!

Man, that really is unfortunate. Sorry to hear that.....

Very sorry to hear about your house, man! I'm glad that you and your family are well. Wish you the very best for the future!

Hey EQ, glad you are safe. I used to live in Kenner, but I was very young and do not remember much other than if it rained hard at all the streets would flood. I knew the whole area was gonna be in for trouble when I saw what was comming. I wish you and your family the best and if I can do anything at all just ask.