The Movie Club Selection Poll

Tools    

Which of these movies do you want to watch in the new Movie Club?
34.29%
12 votes
Rashomon
11.43%
4 votes
Around The Bend
17.14%
6 votes
Heaven Can Wait (1943)
28.57%
10 votes
The Conversation
8.57%
3 votes
Maria Full of Grace
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Just wait a minute...please?

I'm trying to work something out that Holden made me aware of. Perhaps we can make this its own subforum.

I need to do a little more research and talk to Yoda about it first. I'll be quick.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I agree with Sam, I think we were pretty sucessfull. We have generated a passionate response from several different people. The only way it could get better is if everyone can see the film. For those who did, they enjoyed it immensely and are having a very stimulating discussion about it right now!

Edit: Maybe the time limit is the problem....

A system of cells interlinked
So...what happens next?

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Sedai
So...what happens next?
You pick a movie. You were the first to respond, so it's your turn.

Or...if you want to, make a poll like I did.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
What's the date for discussion, Sedai?
Hmmmm, what did we decide on? 10 days from pick date? 13 days?

So, it's either 10 days from yesterday, or it's 13 days from yesterday. Gove folks a few days to find the film, then a week to watch it....

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the post - that's the problem if it can't be rented locally. Saw it in HMV the other day but £19.99? No chance.

Taking care of planet Earth
Well I got my copy of The Conversation a couple of months back for about £7.99 in Virgin. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to getting it watched again, especially on my new Hi-Def tv that arrives on monday

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It's getting near Halloween, and so I feel like a good thriller.
For my movie club selection, I'm going with:

The Wicker Man
1973 - d. Robin Hardy

wicker
When a young girl mysteriously disappears, police sergeant Howie (Edward Woodward) travels to a remote Scottish island to investigate. But this pastoral community, led by the strange Lord Summerisle (Christopher Lee), is not at all what it seems. Before long, the devout Christian detective uncovers a secret society of wanton lust and pagan blasphemy. --Netflix

"The Wicker Man (1973) is a classic that Horror fans and Brits probably know better than most casual American filmgoers. It is definitely considered a classic in Horror circles, but still widely unknown and underappreciated by the genral public. Darn good flick." -- Holden Pike

Let me know if there's an unforseen problem, please.
I'll plan on opening a discussion thread (or bumping the existing one from 2001) on 10/17/05, Monday.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Great choice Cinders! I'm in.

Still hoping that Screenselect will come through with The Conversation too though as Hardy's masterpiece is sitting 3 feet from me I won't have to bother them this time round.

"Dear God no!"...