"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

Ain't it Fun was my nomination. I was 22 when it came out, and that was when I was in my prime self destruction mode. I was a complete disaster for about 7 years, and no bargain for about 15 years after. I drank 24/7 for years, would do any drugs that anyone had, gambled out of my means, and got arrested all the time. With how hard I pushed it, it's a miracle I'm still alive, and when people see me now who knew me then, they can't believe I'm ok. Guns N Roses was my favorite band at the time, and the point is that I thought I was living it up and having fun, even though I was just destroying myself. Captain Spaulding was the only one who guessed it was my nomination.

As a few of you guessed, Ramblin Gamblin Man was also my nomination. Bob Seger is most definitely the musical artist I can relate to the most, and I could've picked about 20 different songs of his. It's a fast paced song and that's how I lived, partying and gambling constantly, and always going out to Vegas. It was a constant hustle and rush, until everything went bad.

My eliminated nominations-

Styx-Too Much Time on My Hands

Guns N' Roses-Ain't it Fun

Head East-Never Been Any Reason

Bob Seger-Ramblin Gamblin Man

What color is your hair, HK, if you don't mind saying? I always envision dirty blonde/light brown, but I'm afraid it's black to match your whole goth wardrobe (black shirt, black pants).

ROUND 2 - DAY 3

Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good vs. Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows

Rush - Subdivisions vs. Johnny Cash - San Quentin

The ballad of Gatsby's bullying.

Billy Murray - K-K-K-Katy vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Henri Mancini - Theme from The Pink Panther vs. Golden Earring - Twilight Zone

Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City vs. Public Enemy - He Got Game

Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John vs. Elton John - I'm Still Standing

Weird Al Yankovic - The eBay Song vs. Bessie Smith - Gimme a Pig Foot and a Bottle of Beer

Madonna - Into the Groove vs. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

This is so RIGGED. This will have been a huge waste of time if "Paint it Black" wins.

Eminem - Lose Yourself vs. The Scaffold - Liverpool Lou

It's a rich deep brown. Or it was. It's lightened in the last few years, but I think it still would be described as dark brown. It's wavy, too.

Wavy brown hair..... hmmmm. I used to have that. Never long, though.

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good vs. Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows-I completely love both of these songs.

Rush - Subdivisions vs. Johnny Cash - San Quentin-Pretty close call between two songs I like.

Billy Murray - K-K-K-Katy vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance-Like the first but not close.

Henri Mancini - Theme from The Pink Panther vs. Golden Earring - Twilight Zone-Like the first but not close.

Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City vs. Public Enemy - He Got Game-Easier than I thought it would be.

Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John vs. Elton John - I'm Still Standing-Both very good.

Weird Al Yankovic - The eBay Song vs. Bessie Smith - Gimme a Pig Foot and a Bottle of Beer-Not big on either.

Madonna - Into the Groove vs. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black-Great Madonna song but that's one of my favorites from the mighty Stones.

Eminem - Lose Yourself vs. The Scaffold - Liverpool Lou-I thought I would go the other way, but I enjoyed Lou even more the second time around.

Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City vs. Public Enemy - He Got Game

Weird Al Yankovic - The eBay Song vs. Bessie Smith - Gimme a Pig Foot and a Bottle of Beer

I had a friend who looked a lot like him
And you obviously transferred your soul into his body, Chucky from Child's Play style.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chucky.png
Views:	1109
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	23110  

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes vs. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up

Jim Croce - One Less Set of Footsteps vs. All Night Long - Wish

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun vs. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights

Aerosmith - The Other Side vs. Leonard Cohan - Waiting for the Miracle

Hyperplush - Truly Blonde (Alternate Link) vs. Mark Wills - Nineteen Something

Battle Cry of Freedom vs. Sevendust - Angel's Son

Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well vs. Imogen Heap ft. Jeff Beck - Blanket

Madness - Our House vs. Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better vs. Guns and Roses - Sweet Child of Mine

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

As a few of you guessed, Ramblin Gamblin Man was also my nomination. Bob Seger is most definitely the musical artist I can relate to the most, and I could've picked about 20 different songs of his. It's a fast paced song and that's how I lived, partying and gambling constantly, and always going out to Vegas. It was a constant hustle and rush, until everything went bad.
I had never heard that song before this tournament but I loved it. Thanks for nominating it

Cameo's Word Up was mine. On the first night that I ever went to a nightclub I requested this song - and that night was the first night I kissed a girl. Well, first time that I can really remember. We actually dated for a few weeks before she dumped me in a rather unpleasant way. Her sister told me on the phone that she wasn't home and I shouldn't call back ...

Interestingly when I thought of nominating that song I actually googled that girl - she has a somewhat unusual name so I thought I might find her. The only match that looked likely was a Facebook post so went there and it was a photo of a very hairy naked man with his hands strategically placed. As I was thinking "pretty sure that's not her" I accidently clicked like ...

As I scrambled to unlike it the only thing that went through my mind was "oh god, how the hell do I explain that to my wife???"

I still love that song but as you can see it's not really a source of great joy

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is sad. You people seriously needed to give much more thought to your nominations for this tournament.

I think most people did a great job picking their nominations. They did exactly what they were supposed to do, and chose songs that related to them somehow.

Maybe you needed to give more thought to your nominations. They're not much different from the songs that you nominate for every other song tournament.