2019 Movie Challenge

Tools    

Didn't plan on trying to hit all these but this is what I have just from normal movie watching all year. I ended up watching a lot of older films for some reason. 40/52

Main Challenge  

Hopefully i will get it finished,not to many left

Here's an update on my list. I still have nine left, mostly continent or film movement themed ones, hopefully I can find an African/South American film in a month or so.

My List 43/52  

Welcome to the human race...
Currently 5 on the main list and 10 on the nightmare list. I get the impression I had last year's challenge wrapped up by now.

Here's an update on my list. I still have nine left, mostly continent or film movement themed ones, hopefully I can find an African/South American film in a month or so.

I don't know how you feel about French New Wave but

Black Orpheus(1959)
The Battle of Algiers (1966)

They were two films that were done by french film makers overseas in Brazil and Algeria both are very good

Also answers to Jabba
If the issue is getting your hands in one, this channel has 3 feature films from Zimbabwe.

I don't know how you feel about French New Wave but

Black Orpheus(1959)
The Battle of Algiers (1966)

They were two films that were done by french film makers overseas in Brazil and Algeria both are very good
Battle of Algiers has been on my radar for a while, I may go with that for African.

If the issue is getting your hands in one, this channel has 3 feature films from Zimbabwe.
Cool, I will also have to check these out.

Also answers to Jabba
In the final stretch now with only 7 films to go. To be fair, I will probably watch an extra Clint Eastwood film because I feel like adding Casper in there is sort of like cheating given that he only shows up for a few seconds as a gimmick.

Films Remaining:
Main Challenge - 1
Nightmare Mode - Completed

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Leftovers  

12. a North American film [NEW] - Knives Out (2019)
14. a European film [NEW] - A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
15. an Asian film [NEW] - Harakiri (1962)
16. an African film [NEW] - The Battle of Algiers (1966)
20. an Italian Neorealism film [NEW] - 8 1/2 (1963)
21. a Dogme 95 film [NEW] - Julien Donkey Boy (1999)
50. a Buster Keaton/James Cagney/Gary Cooper/Jack - High Noon(1952)

Also answers to Jabba
With a single day day to go I completed both challenges!

I had to pick up the summer slacking off during the past few months but I am happy to say I have completed this for 3 years running!

I am not sure about my complete stats during 2019 as I didn't keep track of the films I revisited but I watched 225 films for the first time, which averages to a little over 0.6 films per day.

I hope the ones that participated or simply followed the thread had fun and got to watch some films they otherwise wouldn't have.

See you all at the 2020 challenge!

Final Tally:

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Leftovers  

Welcome to the human race...
Now I'm finished.

I'll use this post to keep track.

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Also answers to Jabba
Congrats @Iroquois for completing the challenge!

Thank you for letting me know that Pink Flamingos is not New Queer Cinema. I guess I watched this atrocity for no reason. I will supplement my challenge by watching My Own Private Idaho before the year's over.

Shoot, I completely forgot to finish this... I had 9 movies left, so I didn't complete the challenge, but I discovered some great films through this! Thanks Jabs!