The Art of War

→ in
Tools    

Since I have the new title of Critic I think I will review some stuff.

The Art of War? The Art of Snore is more like it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Do you like any movies? All the movies youve reviewed i want to rent, but now not so much....

Well, I thought critics criticized things so I've only reviewed things I don't like.
I said nice things about What Lies Beneath and Frequency.
Tell me some movies you feel like renting and I'll tell you if I liked 'em.

I liked this one. I say, "Rent it." It's not an Oscar winner, but it was fun and entertaining.

Has anyone noticed how SICKINGLY like "Rising Sun" this is? Wesley Snipes and Sean Connery killed in that movie, and it's amazingly obvious that he was trying to re-create that here on his own - I think it failed.

It's a good movie, but it's a poor man's "Rising Sun", IMO.

I had two problems with this movie.
The first action scene was shot from so far away that the actors looked like dancing action figures. The fight itself was not very creative, it may have been realistic but in this day and age of flying kung-fu, a spinning back kick is not all that thrilling. For some great martial arts without wires check out any Jackie Chan or Lethal Weapon film.

The second action scene was edited so poorly that I had to think about it after the scene was done to figure out what had happened.

I rented this 'cause I felt in the mood for an action picture. I felt this didn't deliver. Sorry.