Dungeon and Dragons

→ in
Tools    

I am amazed that there is no post on this movie, perhaps you all just want to keep as far away from this movie as possible which I can totally agree.
I have play D&D for 10 years now, on and off. When I heard there were making a movie, I bet all of the D&D players were VERY VERY excited. Unfortunately, I think that is the only excitment anyone got from this project - the hearing of a movie based on D&D.
If it wasn't for the final fight scene between the dragons, I would have though this was a movie made in the '70.
Alot of people said Jeremy Iron was good, I think he over-acted and was VERY out of characters. A mage of his level would not have need to rave, ranted and general tried to blow the veins in his forehead - there lack the coolness and calmness that you would generally expect from a high mage, think - Raistlin.
The only real refernce to D&D were 2 sec words like 'Feeblemind spell' and the Beholders. And the end fight between a common thief and a high level Fighter - anyone who play D&D would know the REAL outcome of that fight but sadly, another disappointment.
Do yourself a favour, do NOT go see this and wait for LOTR to come out, I saw the preview of it and I have to admit, the only good thing about the movie D&D was the 4 previews I saw, TombRaider (Oo la!), Mummy 2 (Wicked!!), LOTR (excuse me sir, please don't step on my jaw) and Final Fantasy the Movie (eat your heart out, Lucas)!
-DoomsDay

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i totally agree and i haven't even seen the movie!

i think we had a thread somewhere for upcoming movies ... i heard ...

SPOILERS ...

that D&D had only one CGI dragon in the beginning and really didn't follow the game/story much at all. when i heard how the plot was going to go, i didn't want to see it. felt it was gonna be another star wars prequel-like dud.

BUT - you're right, all those trailers kick @ss. i've seen the Tombraider ad and loved it though the story looks like it's gonna bit hard to swallow ... which i forgive cause a character like Lara Croft played by Angelina Jolie with such unrepentant bad-@ssness is just too cool to pass up anyway. And, I want more of the Mummy, so I hope it's good. But I already know that FF is gonna kick @ss cause if they've got the president designing the movie personally and it's all CGI and it's all true to the vision ... oh man, my heart is racing at the idea ... and i've also heard great stuff about LOTR ... you know, they're making all 3 books in that series into movies ... can you imagine the joy?! can't wait ...

You are absolutely correct about them making the trilogy of LOTR into movies, sadly though, we have a LONG time to wait for the whole trilogy to be completed. I am working on Australian time here and I THINK the movie producers are working on American time. What I mean is this, the first LOTR is due on Summer 2001, (which for Australia is almost gone but for the States, there's still 5 more months to go before Summer hits) - thus for us in Oz land, I say we have to wait for 5 months when it hits the States and add to that 2-3 months before it makes it down to our shores.
Furthermore, each of the 'ETA' for part 2 and 3 are a year apart - rather similiar to Star Wars.
There's going to be a LOT of sequels wars happening though, what with Matrix 2 and 3, Xmen 2-3, Star Wars, LOTR and I believe they are making Terminator 3 and also Blade 2.
-DoomsDay